1. American Psychiatric Association (2000) DSM-IV-TR. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Paris, France: Masson; 2003. Text Revised, French translation by J.-D. Guelfi et al.
2. Hassan N, Cavanna AE. The prognosis of Tourette syndrome: implications for clinical practice. Functional Neurology. 2012;27(1):23–27. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 3. Knight T, Steeves T, Day L, Lowerison M, Jette N, Pringsheim T. Prevalence of tic disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Pediatric Neurology. 2012;47(2):77–90. [PubMed] 4. Kraft JT, Dalsgaard S, Obel C, Thomsen PH, Henriksen TB, Scahill L. Prevalence and clinical correlates of tic disorders in a community sample of school-age children. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2012;21(1):5–13. [PubMed] 5. Martino D, Cavanna AE, Robertson MM, Orth M. Prevalence and phenomenology of eye tics in Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. Journal of Neurology. 2012;259(10):2137–2140. [PubMed] 6. Robertson MM. The Gilles de la Tourette syndrome: the current status. Archives of Disease in Childhood Education and Practice. 2012;97(5):166–175. [PubMed] 7. Hornsey H, Banerjee S, Zeitlin H, Robertson M. The prevalence of Tourette syndrome in 13-14-year-olds in mainstream schools. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines. 2001;42(8):1035–1039. [PubMed] 8. Kadesjö B, Gillbert C. Tourette’s disorder: epidemiology and comorbidity in primary school children. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2000;39(5):548–550. [PubMed] 9. Kurlan R, McDermott MP, Deeley C, et al. Prevalence of tics in schoolchildren and association with placement in special education. Neurology. 2001;57(8):1383–1388. [PubMed] 10. Mason A, Banerjee S, Eapen V, Zeitlin H, Robertson MM. The prevalence of Tourette syndrome in a mainstream school population. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. 1998;40(5):292–296. [PubMed] 11. Wang HS, Kuo MF. Tourette's syndrome in Taiwan: an epidemiological study of tic disorders in an elementary school at Taipei County. Brain and Development. 2003;25(1):S29–S31. [PubMed] 12. Freeman RD, Fast DK, Burd L, Kerbeshian J, Robertson MM, Sandor P. An international perspective on Tourette syndrome: selected findings from 3500 individuals in 22 countries. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. 2000;42(7):436–447. [PubMed]
13. Budman CL. The relationship of Tourette's syndrome with its psychiatric comorbidities: is there an overlap? Psychiatric Annals. 2001;31(9):541–548.
14. Cavanna AE, Rickards H. The psychopathological spectrum of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. Neurosciences and Biobehavioral Reviews. 2012 [PubMed] 15. Kurlan R, Como PG, Miller B, et al. The behavioral spectrum of tic disorders: a community-based study. Neurology. 2002;59(3):414–420. [PubMed]
16. Braswell L, Bloomquist M. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy With ADHD Children: Child, Family, and School Interventions. New York, NY, USA: The Guilford Press; 1991.
17. Rizzo R, Gulisano M, Cali PV, Curatolo P. Long term clinical course of Tourette syndrome. Brain Development. 2012;34(8):667–673. [PubMed] 18. Spencer T, Biederman J, Harding M, et al. Disentangling the overlap between Tourette's disorder and ADHD. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines. 1998;39(7):1037–1044. [PubMed] 19. Hoekstra PJ, Steenhuis MP, Troost PW, Korf J, Kallenberg CGM, Minderaa RB. Relative contribution of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and tic severity to social and behavioral problems in tic disorders. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. 2004;25(4):272–279. [PubMed] 20. O'Connor KP, Brault M, Robillard S, Loiselle J, Borgeat F, Stip E. Evaluation of a cognitive-behavioural program for the management of chronic tic and habit disorders. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2001;39(6):667–681. [PubMed]
21. O'Connor K, Julien D, Lavoie M, Aardema F, Laverdure A. The Style of Planning Questionnaire (STOP) in OCD spectrum disorders. In press.
22. O'Connor K, Laverdure A, Roberts S, Goulet G, St-Pierre-Delorme ME, Beaudry G. Cognitive and metacognitive factors in tic disorders. 6th World Congress of Behavior and Cognitive Therapies (WCBCT '10); June 2010; Boston, Mass, USA.
23. Laverdure A, O’Connor K, Lavoie M. The cognitive aspects of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome, the role of perfection?. Poster presented at 6thWorld Congress of Behavior and Cognitive Therapies (WCBCT '10); June 2010; Boston, Mass, USA.
24. O’Connor KP. Cognitive-Behavioral Management of Tic Disorders. New York, NY, USA: John Wiley & Sons; 2005.
25. O'Connor KP, Laverdure A. Cognition and meta-cognition in Tourette’s and tic disorders. Oral presentation given at the World Congress of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies; July 2007; Barcelona, Spain.
26. O'Connor K. A cognitive-behavioral/psychophysiological model of tic disorders. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2002;40(10):1113–1142. [PubMed]
27. Rice KG, Preusser KJ. The adaptive/maladaptive perfectionism scale. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development. 2002;34(4):210–222.
28. Conners CK. Conners’s Rating Scales Manual. North Tonawanda, NY, USA: Multi-Health Systems; 1989.
29. Achenbach TM, Rescorla LA. Manual for ASEBA School-Age Forms & Profiles. Burlington, Mass, USA: University of Vermont, Research Center for Children, Youth, & Families; 2001.
30. O'Connor KP, Lavoie M, Dohan J, Paradis G, Aardema F. The functional role of behavioral activity and muscle contraction in tic onset: towards a cognitive-psychophysiology of tic disorder CBT for tic disorders. In CBT for Tic Disorders: processes, Principles and Practice. Symposium presented at the 40th Annual Convention of ABCT; November 2006; Chicago, Ill, USA.
31. Harcherik DF, Leckman JF, Detlor J, Cohen DJ. A new instrument for clinical studies of Tourette's syndrome. Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry. 1984;23(2):153–160. [PubMed] 32. Leckman JF, Riddle MA, Hardin MT, et al. The yale global tic severity scale: initial testing of a clinician-rated scale of tic severity. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1989;28(4):566–573. [PubMed] 33. Stephens RJ, Bassel C, Sandor P. Olanzapine in the treatment of aggression and tics in children with Tourette's syndrome—a pilot study. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. 2004;14(2):255–266. [PubMed]
34. Frost RO, Marten P, Lahart C, Rosenblate R. The dimensions of perfectionism. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 1990;14(5):449–468.
35. Rice KG, Kubal AE, Preusser KJ. Perfectionism and children's self-concept: further validation of the adaptive/maladaptive perfectionism scale. Psychology in the Schools. 2004;41(3):279–290.
36. Cohen J, editor. Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. 2nd edition. Hillsdale, NJ, USA: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1988.
37. Swann AC, Dougherty DM, Pazzaglia PJ, Pham M, Moeller FG. Impulsivity: a link between bipolar disorder and substance abuse. Bipolar Disorders. 2004;6(3):204–212. [PubMed] 38. Roberts BW, Walton KE, Viechtbauer W. Patterns of mean-level change in personality traits across the life course: a meta-analysis of longitudinal studies. Psychological Bulletin. 2006;132(1):1–25. [PubMed] 39. Achenbach TM, Edelbrock C, Howell CT. Empirically based assessment of the behavioral/emotional problems of 2- and 3- year-old children. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. 1987;15(4):629–650. [PubMed] 40. Achenbach TM, McConaughy SH, Howell CT. Child/adolescent behavioral and emotional problems: implications of cross-informant correlations for situational specificity. Psychological Bulletin. 1987;101(2):213–232. [PubMed] 41. Richters JE. Depressed mothers as informants about their children: a critical review of the evidence for distortion. Psychological Bulletin. 1992;112(3):485–499. [PubMed]