1. Curşeu PL, Schruijer SGL, Boroş S (2007) The effects of groups’ variety and disparity on groups’ cognitive complexity. Group Dyn, 11, 3, 187–206.
2. Hinsz VB, Tindale RS, Vollrath DA (1997) The emerging conceptualization of groups as information processors. Psychol Bull, 121, 1, 43–64. [PubMed] 3. Woolley AM, Chabris CF, Pentland A, Hashmi N, Malone,TW (2010) Evidence for a collective intelligence factor in the performance of human groups. Science, 330, 686–688. [PubMed]
4. Woodley MA, Bell E (2011) Is collective intelligence (mostly) the general factor of personality? A comment on Woolley, Chabris, Pentland, Hashmi and Malone (2010). Intelligence, 39, 79–81.
5. Curşeu P, Schruijer S (2012) Normative interventions, emergent cognition and decision rationality in ad-hoc and established groups. Management Decision, 50, 6, 1062–1075.
6. Katsikopoulos KV, King AJ (2010) Swarm intelligence in animal groups: When can a collective out-perform an expert? PLOS One, 5, 11, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0015505. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 7. Luan S, Katsikopoulos KV, Reimer T (2012) When does diversity trump ability (and vice-versa) in group decision-making. PLOS One, 7, 2, DOI:10.137/journal.pone.0031043. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
8. Akdere M (2012) An analysis of decision-making process in organizations: Implications for quality management and systematic practice. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 22, 12, 1317–1330.
9. Kerr NL, Tindale RS (2004) Group performance and decision making. Annu Rev Psychol, 55, 623–655. [PubMed] 10. Sasaki T, Pratt SC (2012) Groups have larger cognitive capacity than individuals. Curr Biol, 22, 9, R827–R829. DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2012.07.058. [PubMed]
11. Hackman JR (1987) The design of work teams. In J. W. Lorsch (Ed.), Handbook of Organizational Behavior. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
12. Larson Jr, JR (2010) In search of synergy in small group performance. Psychology Press, New York, US.
13. Larson Jr, JR (2007) Deep diversity and strong synergy: Modeling the impact of variability in members’ problem-solving strategies on group problem-solving performance. Small Group Research, 38, 413–436.
14. Shafir E, LeBoeuf RA (2002) Rationality. Ann Rev Psychol, 53, 491–517. [PubMed]
15. Gigerenzer G, Todd PM and the ABC Research Group (1999) Simple heuristics that make us smart. New York:Oxford University Press.
16. Katsikopoulos KV (2010) The less-is-more effect: predictions and tests. Judgm Decis Mak, 5, 4, 244–257.
17. Curşeu PL (2006) Need for cognition and rationality in decision making. Stud Psychol, 48, 141–156.
18. Parker AM, Fischhoff B (2005) Decision-making competence: External validation through an individual-difference approach. J Beh Decis Mak, 18, 1–27.
19. Edwards SC, Pratt SC (2009) Rationality in collective decision-making by ant colonies. Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci, 276, 1673, 3655–3661. DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2009.0981. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
20. Sasaki T, Pratt SC (2011) Emergence of group rationality from irrational individuals. Behav Ecol, 22, 2, 276–281. DOI: 10.1093/beheco/arq198.
21. Tost L, Gino F, Larrick R (in press) When power makes others speechless: The negative impact of leader power on team performance. Acad Manage J, DOI: 10.5465/amj.2011.0180.
22. Tversky A, Kahneman D (1981) The framing of decisions and the psychology of choice. Science, 211, 453–458. [PubMed]
23. Curşeu PL, Schruijer SGL (2012) Decision styles and rationality: An analysis of the predictive validity of the General Decision-Making Style Inventory. Educ Psychol Meas, 72, 6, 1053–1062, DOI:10.1177/0013164412448066.
24. Harrison DA, Klein KJ (2007) What’s the difference? Diversity constructs as separation, variety, or disparity in organizations. Acad Manage Rev, 32, 4, 1199–1228.
25. Roberts ME, Goldstone RL (2011) Adaptive group coordination and role differentiation. PLoS One, 6, 7, e22377. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 26. Curşeu PL (in press) Demographic diversity, communication and learning behaviour in health care groups. Int J Health Plann Manage. DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2130. [PubMed]
27. Watson WE, Michaelsen LK, Walt S (1991) Member competence, group interaction, and group decision making: A longitudinal study. J Appl Psychol, 76, 6, 803–809.
28. Hinsz VB (2004) Metacognition and mental models in groups: An illustration with metamemory of group recognition memory. In E. Salas & S. M. Fiore (Eds.), Team cognition: Understanding the factors that drive process and performance (33–58). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
29. Huber GP, Lewis K (2010) Cross-understanding: Implications for group cognition and performance. Acad Manage Rev, 35, 1, 6–26.
30. Reimer T, Katsikopoulos KV (2004) The use of recognition in group decision-making. Cogn Sci, 28, 6, 1009–1029. DOI: 10.1016/j.cogsci.2004.06.004.
31. Sumpter DJT, Pratt SC (2009) Quorum responses and consensus decision-making. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci, 364, 1518, 743–753. DOI: 10.1098/rstb.2008.0204. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 32. Nicolis SC, Zabzina N, Latty T, Sumpter DJT (2011) Collective irrationality and positive feedback. PLOS One, 6, 4, DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0018901. [PMC free article] [PubMed]