1. Ng EHY, So WS, Gao J, Wong YY, Ho PC. The role of acupuncture in the management of subfertility. Fertility and Sterility. 2008;90(1):1–13. [PubMed] 2. Zhou W, Longhurst JC. Neuroendocrine mechanisms of acupuncture in the treatment of hypertension. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012;2012:9 pages.878673 [PMC free article] [PubMed] 3. Longhurst JC. Defining meridians: a modern basis of understanding. Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies. 2010;3(2):67–74. [PubMed] 4. Wang GJ, Ayati MH, Zhang WB. Meridian studies in China: a systematic review. Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies. 2010;3(1):1–9. [PubMed] 5. Yan XH, Zhang XY, Liu CL, et al. Do acupuncture points exist? Physics in Medicine and Biology. 2009;54(9):N143–N150. [PubMed] 6. Ma SX, Li XY, Smith BT, Jou NT. Changes in nitric oxide, cGMP, and nitrotyrosine concentrations over skin along the meridians in obese subjects. Obesity. 2011;19(8):1560–1567. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 7. Jou NT, Ma SX. Responses of nitric oxide—cGMP release in acupuncture point to electroacupuncture in human skin in vivo using dermal microdialysis. Microcirculation. 2009;16(5):434–443. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 8. Hong MY, Park SS, Ha YJ, et al. Heterogeneity of skin surface oxygen level of wrist in relation to acupuncture point. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012;2012:7 pages.106762 [PMC free article] [PubMed] 9. Falk CX, Birch S, Avants SK, Tsau Y, Margolin A. Preliminary results of a new method for locating auricular acupuncture points. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research. 2000;25(3-4):165–177. [PubMed] 10. Johng HM, Cho JH, Shin HS, et al. Frequency dependence of impedances at the acupuncture point Quze (PC3) IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine. 2002;21(2):33–36. [PubMed] 11. Lee MS, Jeong SY, Lee YH, Jeong DM, Eo YG, Ko SB. Differences in electrical conduction properties between meridians and non-meridians. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2005;33(5):723–728. [PubMed] 12. Colbert AP, Yun J, Larsen A, Edinger T, Gregory WL, Thong T. Skin impedance measurements for acupuncture research: development of a continuous recording system. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2008;5(4):443–450. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
13. Wang SY, Zhang D, Zhu YG, et al. Correlation research of the relations between temperature and resistance of acupoint. Liaoning Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2007;34(1):5–6.
14. Han ZL. Related researches between the meridian impedance out of balance in the two symmetry sides of human body and diseases. Journal of Heze Medical College. 1999;11(1):9 pages.
15. Liu YS, Chen YM, Liu YX, et al. Research of the resistance change on five shu points in 24 hours. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 1997;17(7):401 pages.
16. Egot-Lemaire SJ, Ziskin MC. Dielectric properties of human skin at an acupuncture point in the 50—75 GHz frequency range, a pilot study. Bioelectromagnetics. 2003;32(5):568–569. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 17. Ahn AC, Wu J, Badger GJ, Hammerschlag R, Langevin HM. Electrical impedance along connective tissue planes associated with acupuncture meridians. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2005;5, article 10 [PMC free article] [PubMed] 18. Pearson S, Colbert AP, McNames J, Baumgartner M, Hammerschlag R. Electrical skin impedance at acupuncture points. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2007;13(4):409–418. [PubMed] 19. Ahn AC, Colbert AP, Anderson BJ, et al. Electrical properties of acupuncture points and meridians: a systematic review. Bioelectromagnetics. 2008;29(4):245–256. [PubMed] 20. Kramer S, Winterhalter K, Schober G, et al. Characteristics of electrical skin resistance at acupuncture points in healthy humans. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2009;15(5):495–500. [PubMed] 21. Cravello B, Ferri A. Relationships between skin properties and environmental parameters. Skin Research and Technology. 2008;14(2):180–186. [PubMed] 22. Ahn AC, Martinsen ØG. Electrical characterization of acupuncture points: technical issues and challenges. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2007;13(8):817–824. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 23. Martinsen OG, Grimnes S, Mørkrid L, Hareide M. Line patterns in the mosaic electrical properties of human skin—a cross-correlation study. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 2001;48(6):731–734. [PubMed] 24. Colbert AP, Larsen A, Chamberlin S, et al. A multichannel system for continuous measurements of skin resistance and capacitance at acupuncture points. Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies. 2009;2(4):259–268. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
25. Yang W. The essence deduce of the meridian organizations based on lower resistance meridian researches. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis. 2008;44(2):227–280.
26. Fan JY, Xi SY, Liu Z, et al. The epidermal structure characteristics of low skin resistance points. Acta Anatomica Sinica. 1989;20(4):429 pages.
27. Li ZS, Ouyang KQ, Zhang XQ, et al. The genesis exploration of low skin resistance points in the big white rats. Journal of Chongqing University. 1998;21(3):101 pages.
28. Fan JY, Huang Q, Wei ZM, et al. The influence of catecholamines to the skin conductivity and epidermal gap bonding in rats. Basic & Clinical Medicine. 1995;15(2):47 pages.
29. Tan CY. Essence of meridians based on neural electric field. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2010;30(10):835–839. [PubMed] 30. Zhang D, Ding G, Shen X, et al. Role of mast cells in acupuncture effect: a pilot study. Explore. 2008;4(3):170–177. [PubMed] 31. Chen JX, Ma SX. Effects of nitric oxide and noradrenergic function on skin electric resistance of acupoints and meridians. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2005;11(3):423–431. [PubMed]
32. Fan JY, Wei ZM, Liu Z, et al. Effect of catecholamines on the skin conductance in mice. Journal of Beijing Medical University. 1993;25:324–326.
33. Ma SX. Enhanced nitric oxide concentrations and expression of nitric oxide synthase in acupuncture points/meridians. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2003;9(2):207–215. [PubMed] 34. Ogay V, Min SK, Hyo JS, Cheon JC, Soh KS. Catecholamine-storing cells at acupuncture points of rabbits. Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies. 2008;1(2):83–90. [PubMed] 35. Wick F, Wick N, Wick MC. Morphological analysis of human acupuncture points through immunohistochemistry. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2007;86(1):7–11. [PubMed]
36. Zhang KX, Wang X, Cao R, et al. Detection of common acupoints in the conception vessel and governor vessel of rabbits and verification of organs effect. Liaoning Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2003;30(7):568–569.
37. Wei YL, Liu W, Kong J, et al. Research of human biological effects and its conduct of gong tune music. Chinese Music Therapy Association of the Seventh Symposium; 2005; Fuzhou, China.
38. Kim YC, Jeong DM, Lee MS. An examination of the relationship between five oriental musical tones and corresponding internal organs and meridians. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research. 2004;29(3-4):227–233. [PubMed]
39. Wang HM. Research on Meridian and Collateral in China. Beijing, China: Academy Press; 2006.
40. Wang XM. Analysis on the mechanism of acupuncture infrasound energy in treatment of diseases. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2009;29(3):223–226. [PubMed] 41. Krevsky MA, Zinina ES, Koshurinov Y, et al. Microwave propagation on acupuncture channels. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research. 2006;31(1-2):1–12. [PubMed]
42. Wang BX. Foreign Study of the Meridian. Beijing, China: People's Health Publishing House; 1984.
43. Hu XL, Wang PQ, Xu JS, Wu BH, Xu XY. Main characteristics of infrared radiant rack along meridian courses over human body surface and the condition of its appearance. Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves. 2001;20(5):325–328.
44. Wang PQ, Hu XL, Xu JS, et al. The indication of infrared thermal images on body surface along 14 meridian lines. Acupuncture Research. 2002;27(4):260 pages.
45. Zhang D, Wang SY, Wang CY. Determination of deep temperature under the line of high temperature along meridians. Chinese Journal of Basic Medicine in Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2001;7(410):62 pages.
46. Zhang JX. The Applied Exploration on Using Meridian Thermal Sensitivity Measurement To Identify Yang-Deficiency Constitution and Evaluate Curative Effect. Guangzhou, China: Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine; 2010.
47. Xian YM. The Applied Exploration on the Constitution Properties of Persons With Qi Deficiency Constitution Using Meridian Thermal Sensitivity Measurement. Guangzhou, China: Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine; 2011.
48. Yan ZQ, Shi YQ, Wang YZ, et al. Research on the biophysical features of strong luminescence phenomena in the 14 regular meridians of human body. Acupuncture Research. 1989;(8):389–394. [PubMed]
49. Liu XR, Chen CS, Jiang YF, et al. Light propagation characteristics of meridian and surrounding non-meridian tissue. Acta Photonica Sinica. 2010;39(supplement 1):29–33.
50. Li DZ, Fu ST, Li XZ. Study on theory and clinical application of meridians. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2005;25(1):53–59. [PubMed] 51. Zhang CG, Bai LJ, Dai RW, et al. Modulatory effects of acupuncture on resting-state networks: a functional MRI study combining independent component analysis and multivariate granger causality analysis. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2012;35(3):572–581. [PubMed]
52. Cao YL. Research on Effects of Acupoints Magnetic Stimulation on Temperature Field Along Meridian. Tian Jin, China: Tian Jin University; 2010.
53. Meng JB, Gao HH, Wang P, et al. A primary study of meridian circulation by isotopic migration. Acupuncture Research. 1987;1:77–80. [PubMed] 54. Zhang WB, Tian YY, Li H, et al. A discovery of low hydraulic resistance channel along meridians. Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies. 2008;1(1):20–28. [PubMed]
55. Zhu B, Rong PJ, Li YQ, et al. Propagated sensation along meridian and myoelectricity activity along meridian. Science in China. 2001;31(5):465–470.
56. Ma C, Zheng Z, Xie YK. Propagated sensation of rat longissimus muscle’s myoelectricity activity. Chinese Science Bulletin. 2000;45(18):1982–1988.