1. Murphy SN, Gainer V, Mendis M, et al. Strategies for maintaining patient privacy in i2b2. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2011;18:103–8. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
2. Vinterbo SA, Sarwate AD, Boxwala A. AMIA Summit on Clinical Research Informatics (CRI’11) San Francisco: 2011. Protecting count queries in cohort identification; p. 79.
3. Ohno-Machado L, Bafna C, Boxwala A, et al. iDASH. Integrating data for analysis, anonymization, and sharing. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2012;19:196–201. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 4. Grzybowski DM. Patient privacy: the right to know versus the need to access. Health management technology. 2005;2654:53. [PubMed] 5. Ohno-Machado L, Silveira PSP, Vinterbo S. Protecting patient privacy by quantifiable control of disclosures in disseminated databases. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 2004;73:599–606. [PubMed] 6. Goodwin LK, Prather JC. Protecting patient privacy in clinical data mining. Journal Of Healthcare Information Management. 2002;16:62–7. [PubMed]
7. Anon Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information. Federal Register. 2000;67:82461–820.
8. Yan H, Zou Z, Wang H. Adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system for classification of ECG signals using Lyapunov exponents. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 2009;93:313–21. [PubMed] 9. Lee Y, Seo JB, Lee JG, et al. Performance testing of several classifiers for differentiating obstructive lung diseases based on texture analysis at high-resolution computerized tomography (HRCT) Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 2009;93:206–15. [PubMed] 10. Han X-H, Chen YW. Biomedical Imaging Modality Classification Using Combined Visual Features and Textual Terms. International Journal of Biomedical Imaging. 2011:241396:1–7. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 11. Loukides G, Gkoulalas-Divanis A, Malin B. Anonymization of electronic medical records for validating genome-wide association studies. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United states of America. 2010;107:7898–903. [PubMed]
12. Yi X, Zhang Y. Privacy-preserving naive Bayes classification on distributed data via semi-trusted mixers. Information Systems. 2009;34:371–80.
13. Zhang P, Tong YH, Tang SW, et al. Privacy preserving naive Bayes classification. Advanced Data Mining Applications. 2005;3584:744–52.
14. Vaidya J, Kantarcıoğlu M, Clifton C. Privacy-preserving Naïve Bayes classification. The VLDB Journal. 2007;17:879–98.
15. Saygin Y, Verykios VS, Elmagarmid AK. Privacy preserving association rule mining. Proceedings Twelfth International Workshop on Research Issues in Data Engineering; 2002. pp. 151–8.
16. Oliveira SRM, Zaiane OR, Saygin Y. Secure association rule sharing. Adv In Knowledge Discovery Data Mining, Proc. 2004;3056:74–85.
17. Evfimievski A, Srikant R, Agrawal R, et al. Privacy preserving mining of association rules. Information Systems. 2004;29:343–64.
18. Kantarcioglu M, Clifton C. Privacy-preserving distributed mining of association rules on horizontally partitioned data. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2004;16:1026–37.
19. Sanil AP, Karr AF, Lin X, et al. Privacy preserving regression modeling via distributed computation. Proceedings of the tenth ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining; New York, NY. 2004. pp. 677–82.
20. Slavkovic AB, Nardi Y, Tibbits MM. “Secure” Logistic Regression of Horizontally and Vertically Partitioned Distributed Databases. Seventh IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops; 2007. pp. 723–8.
21. Yu H, Jiang X, Vaidya J. Privacy-preserving SVM classification on vertically partitioned data. Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. 2006;3918:647–56.
22. Vaidya J, Yu H, Jiang X. Privacy-preserving SVM classification. Knowledge and Information Systems. 2008;14:161–78.
23. Cherkassky V. The nature of statistical learning theory. IEEE transactions on neural networks / a publication of the IEEE Neural Networks Council. 1997;8:1564. [PubMed] 24. Bhasin M, Raghava GPS. SVM based method for predicting HLA-DRB1*0401 binding peptides in an antigen sequence. Bioinformatics. 2004;20:421–3. [PubMed] 25. Hirose S, Shimizu K, Kanai S, et al. POODLE-L: a two-level SVM prediction system for reliably predicting long disordered regions. Bioinformatics. 2007;23:2046–53. [PubMed] 26. Zhang Y, Yang Y, Zhang H, et al. Prediction of novel pre-microRNAs with high accuracy through boosting and SVM. Bioinformatics. 2011;27:1436–7. [PubMed]
27. Asuncion A, Newman DJ. UCI machine learning repository. 2007.
28. El-Kareh R, Roy C, Brodsky G, et al. Incidence and predictors of microbiology results returning postdischarge and requiring follow-up. Journal of hospital medicine. 2011;6:291–6. [PubMed]
29. Duda RO, Stor DG. Pattern classification. New York, NY: Wiley; 2001.
30. Wu Y, Jiang X, Kim J, et al. Grid LOgistic REgression (GLORE): Building Shared Models Without Sharing Data. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (Epub ahead of print) 2012 [PMC free article] [PubMed]
31. Lin Z, Wang J, Liu L, et al. Generalized random rotation perturbation for vertically partitioned data sets. IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining; 2009. pp. 159–62.
32. Liu L, Wang J, Zhang J. Wavelet-Based Data Perturbation for Simultaneous Privacy-Preserving and Statistics-Preserving. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops; 2008. pp. 27–35.
33. Kargupta H, Datta S, Wang Q. On the privacy preserving properties of random data perturbation techniques. Third IEEE International Conference on Data Mining; 2003. pp. 99–106.
34. Zhan J, Matwin S. A Crypto-Based Approach to Privacy-Preserving Collaborative Data Mining. The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops; 2006. pp. 546–50.
35. Kissner L, Song D. Privacy-preserving set operations. Advances in Cryptology. 2005;3621:241–57.
36. Sweeney L. Achieving k-anonymity privacy protection using generalization and suppression. International Journal of Uncertainty Fuzziness Knowledge-based Systems. 2002;10:571–88.
37. El Emam K, Dankar FK, Issa R, et al. A globally optimal k-anonymity method for the de-identification of health data. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2009;16:670–82. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 38. Ben-Hur A, Ong CS, Sonnenburg S, et al. Support vector machines and kernels for computational biology. PLoS Computational Biology. 2008;4:e1000173. [PMC free article] [PubMed]