1. Uenoyama H, Nankai S. In: Chemical Sensor Technology. Aizawa M, editor. Vol. 5. Tokyo, Japan: Kodansha Ltd; 1994. pp. 177–185.
2. Cui G, Kim SJ, Choi S, et al. A disposable amperometric sensor screen printed on a nitrocellulose strip: a glucose biosensor employing lead oxide as an interference-removing agent. Anal Chem. 2000;72:1925–1929. [PubMed] 3. Miyashita M, Ito N, Ikeda S, et al. Development of urine glucose meter based on micro-planer amperometric biosensor and its clinical application for self-monitoring of urine glucose. Biosens Bioelectron. 2009;24:1336–1340. [PubMed] 4. Nekrassova O, Lawrence NS, Compton RG. Analytical determination of homocysteine: a review. Talanta. 2003;60:1085–1095. [PubMed]
5. Nekrassova O, Lawrence NS, Compton RG. Selective electroanalytical assay for cysteine at a boron doped diamond electrode. Electroanalysis. 2004;16:1285–1291.
6. Sun TP, Shieh HL, Ching CTS, et al. Carbon nanotube composites for glucose biosensor incorporated with reverse iontophoresis function for noninvasive glucose monitoring. Int J Nanomedicine. 2010;5:343–349. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
7. Schreier TM, Rach JJ, Howe GE. Efficacy of formalin, hydrogen peroxide, and sodium chloride on fungal-infected rainbow trout eggs. Aquaculture. 1996;140:323–331.
8. Ndamanisha JC, Bai J, Qi B, et al. Application of electrochemical properties of ordered mesoporous carbon to the determination of glutathione and cysteine. Anal Biochem. 2009;386:79–84. [PubMed] 9. Maleki N, Safavi A, Sedaghati F, et al. Efficient electrocatalysis of L-cysteine oxidation at carbon ionic liquid electrode. Anal Biochem. 2007;369:149–153. [PubMed] 10. Zhang D, Zhang K, Yao YL, et al. Multilayer assembly of Prussian blue nanoclusters and enzyme-immobilized poly(toluidine blue) films and its application in glucose biosensor construction. Langmuir. 2004;20:7303–7307. [PubMed] 11. Veerapandian M, Subbiah R, Lim GS, et al. Copper-glucosamine microcubes: synthesis, characterization, and C-reactive protein detection. Langmuir. 2011;27:8934–8942. [PubMed] 12. Park HS, Park TJ, Huh YS, et al. Immobilization of genetically engineered fusion proteins on gold-decorated carbon nanotube hybrid films for the fabrication of biosensor platforms. J Colloid Interf Sci. 2010;350:453–458. [PubMed]
13. Feng D, Wang F, Chen Z. Electrochemical glucose sensor based on one-step construction of gold nanoparticle-chitosan composite film. Sens Actuators B Chem. 2009;138:539–544.
14. Joung D, Chunder A, Zhai L, et al. Space charge limited conduction with exponential trap distribution in reduced graphene oxide sheets. Appl Phys Lett. 2010;97:093105.
15. Krishnamoorthy K, Mohan R, Kim SJ. Graphene oxide as a photocatalytic material. Appl Phys Lett. 2011;98:244101.
16. Krishnamoorthy K, Veerapandian M, Mohan R, et al. Investigation of Raman and photoluminescence studies of reduced graphene oxide sheets. Appl Phys A. 2012;106:501–506.
17. Pimenta MA, Dresselhaus G, Dresselhaus MS, et al. Studying disorder in graphite-based systems by Raman spectroscopy. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2007;9:1276–1291. [PubMed] 18. Dreyer DR, Park SJ, Bielawski CW, et al. The chemistry of graphene oxide. Chem Soc Rev. 2010;39:228–240. [PubMed] 19. Shan CS, Yang HF, Han DX, et al. Graphene/AuNPs/chitosan nanocomposites film for glucose biosensing. Biosens Bioelectron. 2010;25:1070–1074. [PubMed]
20. Wu P, Shao Q, Hu Y, et al. Direct electrochemistry of glucose oxidase assembled on graphene and application to glucose detection. Electrochim Acta. 2010;55:8606–8614.
21. Zhang Y, Sun X, Zhu L, et al. Electrochemical sensing based on graphene oxide/Prussian blue hybrid film modified electrode. Electrochim Acta. 2011;56:1239–1245.
22. Ashok Kumar S, Cheng HW, Chen SM, et al. Preparation and characterization of copper nanoparticles/zinc oxide composite modified electrode and its application to glucose sensing. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2010;30:86–91.
23. Veerapandian M, Yun KS. Ultrasonochemical-assisted fabrication and evaporation-induced self-assembly (EISA) of POSS-SiO2@Ag core/ABA triblock copolymer nanocomposite film. Polymer Composites. 2010;31:1620–1627.
24. Veerapandian M, Yun KS. Ultrasonochemically conjugated metalloid/triblock copolymer nanocomposite and subsequent thin solid laminate growth for surface and interface studies. Langmuir. 2010;26:14216–14222. [PubMed]
25. Veerapandian M, Lee MH, Krishnamoorthy K, et al. Synthesis, characterization and electrochemical properties of functionalized graphene oxide. Carbon. 2012;50:4228–4238.
26. Hirata M, Gotou T, Horiuchi S, et al. Thin-film particles of graphite oxide 1: high-yield synthesis and flexibility of the particles. Carbon. 2004;42:2929–2937.
27. Veerapandian M, Lim SK, Nam HM, et al. Glucosamine-functionalized silver glyconanoparticles: characterization and antibacterial activity. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;398:867–876. [PubMed]
28. Jiang G, Lin Z, Chen C, et al. TiO2 nanoparticles assembled on graphene oxide nanosheets with high photocatalytic activity for removal of pollutants. Carbon. 2011;49:2693–2701.
29. Pittet P, Lu GN, Galvan JM, et al. PCB technology-based electrochemiluminescence microfluidic device for low-cost portable analytical systems. IEEE Sens J. 2008;8:565–571.
30. Ghindilis AL, Atanasov P, Wilkins E. Enzyme-catalyzed direct electron transfer: fundamentals and analytical applications. Electroanalysis. 1997;9:661–674.
31. Shan CS, Yang HF, Song JF, et al. Direct electrochemistry of glucose oxidase and biosensing for glucose based on graphene. Anal Chem. 2009;81:2378–2382. [PubMed]
32. Shao Y, Wang J, Wu H, et al. Graphene based electrochemical sensors and biosensors: a review. Electroanalysis. 2010;22:1027–1036.
33. Rao CN, Subrahmanyam KS, Ramakrishna Matte HS, et al. A study of the synthetic methods and properties of graphenes. Sci Technol Adv Mater. 2010;11:054502.
34. Wu W, Liu Z, Jauregui LA, et al. Wafer-scale synthesis of graphene by chemical vapor deposition and its application in hydrogen sensing. Sens Actuators B Chem. 2010;150:296–300.
35. Rao CN, Ramakrishna Matte HS, Subrahmanyam KS. Synthesis and selected properties of graphene and graphene mimics. Acc Chem Res. 2012 Jun 27; [Epub ahead of print.] [PubMed]
36. Lu R, Terrones M. Towards new graphene materials: doped graphene sheets and nanoribbons. Mat Lett. 2012;78:209–218.
37. Sung WJ, Bae YH. A glucose oxidase electrode based on polypyrrole with polyanion/PEG/enzyme conjugate dopant. Biosens Bioelectron. 2003;18:1231–1239. [PubMed]
38. Wang GF, Wang W, Wu JF, et al. Self assembly of a silver nanoparticles modified electrode and its electrocatalysis on neutral red. Microchim Acta. 2009;164:149–155.
39. Choi YJ, Luo T-JM. Electrochemical properties of silver nanoparticle doped aminosilica nanocomposite. Int J Electrochem. 2011;404937:1–6.
40. Guo L, Nie J, Du B, et al. Thermoresponsive polymer-stabilized silver nanoparticles. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2008;319:175–181. [PubMed]
41. Wang GF, Li MG, Gao YC, et al. Amperometric sensor used for determination of thiocyanate with a silver nanoparticles modified electrode. Sensors. 2004;4:147–155.
42. Chiu JY, Yu CM, Yen MJ, et al. Glucose sensing electrodes based on a poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)/Prussian blue bilayer and multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Biosens Bioelectron. 2009;24:2015–2020. [PubMed] 43. O’Halloran MP, Pravda M, Guilbault GG. Prussian blue bulk modified screen-printed electrodes for H2O2 detection and for biosensors. Talanta. 2001;55:605–611. [PubMed]
44. Wu S, Zhao H, Ju H, et al. Electrodeposition of silver-DNA hybrid nanoparticles for electrochemical sensing of hydrogen peroxide and glucose. Electrochem Commun. 2006;8:1197–1203.
45. Vijayalakshmi A, Karthikeyan R, Berchmans S. Nonenzymatic reduction of hydrogen peroxide produced during the bioelectrocatalysis of glucose oxidase on urchin-like nanofibrillar structures of cu on au substrates. J Phys Chem C Nanomater Interfaces. 2010;114:22159–22164.
46. Wang Z, Liu S, Wu P, et al. Detection of glucose based on direct electron transfer reaction of glucose oxidase immobilized on highly ordered polyaniline nanotubes. Anal Chem. 2009;81:1638–1645. [PubMed]
47. Xue MH, Xu Q, Zhou M, et al. In situ immobilization of glucose oxidase in chitosan-gold nanoparticle hybrid film on Prussian blue modified electrode for high-sensitivity glucose detection. Electrochem Commun. 2006;8:1468–1474.
48. Xian YZ, Hu Y, Liu F, et al. Template synthesis of highly ordered Prussian blue array and its application to the glucose biosensing. Biosens Bioelectron. 2007;22:2827–2833. [PubMed]
49. Niewoehner CB. Endocrine Pathophysiology. 2nd ed. Raleigh, NC: Hayes Barton Press; 2004.
50. Park HD, Lee KJ, Yoon HR, et al. Design of a portable urine glucose monitoring system for health care. Comput Biol Med. 2005;35:275–286. [PubMed]