1. Zhao W, Zhai Y, Hu J, Wang J, Yang Z, et al. (2008) Economic burden of obesity-related chronic diseases in mainland China. Obes Rev 9: 62–67. [PubMed] 2. Sabo RT, Lu Z, Daniels S, Sun SS (2012) Serial childhood BMI and associations with adult hypertension and obesity: the Fels Longitudinal Study. Obesity (Silver Spring) 20: 1741–1743. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 3. Yu ZB, Han SP, Cao XG, Guo XR (2010) Intelligence in relation to obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Obes Rev 11: 656–670. [PubMed] 4. Vander WJS, Mitchell ER (2011) Psychological complications of pediatric obesity. Pediatr Clin North Am 58: 1393–1401. [PubMed] 5. Ahmed ML, Ong KK, Dunger DB (2009) Childhood obesity and the timing of puberty. Trends Endocrinol Metab 20: 237–242. [PubMed] 6. Kollias A, Skliros E, Stergiou GS, Leotsakos N, Saridi M, et al. (2011) Obesity and associated cardiovascular risk factors among schoolchildren in Greece: a cross-sectional study and review of the literature. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24: 929–938. [PubMed] 7. Maclaren NK, Gujral S, Ten S, Motagheti R (2007) Childhood obesity and insulin resistance. Cell Biochem Biophys 48: 73–78. [PubMed] 8. Sandhu N, Witmans MB, Lemay JF, Crawford S, Jadavji N, et al. (2008) Prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 21: 631–640. [PubMed] 9. Virdis A, Ghiadoni L, Masi S, Versari D, Daghini E, et al. (2009) Obesity in the childhood: a link to adult hypertension. Curr Pharm Des 15: 1063–1071. [PubMed] 10. Baker JL, Olsen LW, Sorensen TI (2007) Childhood body-mass index and the risk of coronary heart disease in adulthood. N Engl J Med 357: 2329–2337. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 11. Lawlor DA, Leon DA (2005) Association of body mass index and obesity measured in early childhood with risk of coronary heart disease and stroke in middle age: findings from the aberdeen children of the 1950s prospective cohort study. Circulation 111: 1891–1896. [PubMed] 12. Park MH, Falconer C, Viner RM, Kinta S (2012) The impact of childhood obesity on morbidity and mortality in adulthood: a systematic review. Obes Rev 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01015.x [doi]. [PubMed] 13. Wang Y (2001) Cross-national comparison of childhood obesity: the epidemic and the relationship between obesity and socioeconomic status. Int J Epidemiol 30: 1129–1136. [PubMed] 14. Chen CM (2008) Overview of obesity in Mainland China. Obes Rev 9: 14–21. [PubMed] 15. James WP (2008) International Association for the Study of Obesity and China. Obes Rev 9: 2–3. [PubMed] 16. Ji CY (2008) The prevalence of childhood overweight/obesity and the epidemic changes in 1985–2000 for Chinese school-age children and adolescents. Obes Rev 9: 78–81. [PubMed] 17. Liang YJ, Xi B, Song AQ, Liu JX, Mi J (2012) Trends in general and abdominal obesity among Chinese children and adolescents 1993–2009. Pediatr Obes 10.1111/j.2047-6310.2012.00066.x [doi]. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 18. Stroup DF, Berlin JA, Morton SC, Olkin I, Williamson GD, et al. (2000) Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis Of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (MOOSE) group. JAMA 283: 2008–2012. [PubMed] 19. Ogden CL, Kuczmarski RJ, Flegal KM, Mei Z, Guo S, et al. (2002) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2000 growth charts for the United States: improvements to the 1977 National Center for Health Statistics version. Pediatrics 109: 45–60. [PubMed] 20. Cole TJ, Bellizzi MC, Flegal KM, Dietz WH (2000) Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity worldwide: international survey. BMJ 320: 1240–1243. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 21. Group of China Obesity Task Force (2004) Body mass index reference norm for screening overweight and obesity in Chinese children and adolescents]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25: 97–102. [PubMed] 22. Tzamaloukas AH, Murata GH, Hoffman RM, Schmidt DW, Hill JE, et al. (2003) Classification of the degree of obesity by body mass index or by deviation from ideal weight. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 27: 340–348. [PubMed] 23. Leboeuf-Yde C, Lauritsen JM (1995) The prevalence of low back pain in the literature. A structured review of 26 Nordic studies from 1954 to 1993. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20: 2112–2118. [PubMed] 24. Higgins JP, Thompson SG, Deeks JJ, Altman DG (2003) Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. BMJ 327: 557–560. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 25. Begg CB, Mazumdar M (1994) Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias. Biometrics 50: 1088–1101. [PubMed]
26. Ding ZY, Zhang X, Huang Z (1989) The Epidemiologic study on obesity of children 0~7 years old in urban area in China. Acta Nutrimenta Sinica 11: 266–275.
27. Ding ZY, He Q, Fan ZH (1998) National epidemiological study on obesity of children aged 0–7 years in China 1996. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 78: 121–123. [PubMed] 28. National Task Force on Childhood Obesity, National Center for Women's and Children's Health (2008) Ding ZY (2008) National epidemiological survey on childhood obesity, 2006. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 46: 179–184. [PubMed] 29. Popkin BM, Du S, Zhai F, Zhang B (2010) Cohort Profile: The China Health and Nutrition Survey–monitoring and understanding socio-economic and health change in China, 1989–2011. Int J Epidemiol 39: 1435–1440. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 30. Chen CM (1986) The national nutrition survey of China, 1982: summary results. Food Nutr (Roma) 12: 58–60. [PubMed]
31. Ge K (1995) Dietary and Nutritional Status of Chinese people in 90th: report of China National Nutrition Survey of 1992. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House.
32. Li LM, Rao KQ, Kong LZ, Yao CH, Xiang HD, et al. (2005) A description on the Chinese national nutrition and health survey in 2002. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 26: 478–484. [PubMed]
33. Chinese National Survey on Students Constitution and Health (CNSSCH). (1987) 1985th Chinese National Surveillance on Student's Constitution and Health. High Education Publications: Beijing.
34. Chinese National Survey on Students Constitution and Health (CNSSCH) (1993) 1991th Chinese National Surveillance on Student's Constitution and Health. High Education Publications: Beijing.
35. Chinese National Survey on Students Constitution and Health (CNSSCH) (1997) 1995th Chinese National Surveillance on Student's Constitution and Health. High Education Publications: Beijing.
36. Chinese National Survey on Students Constitution and Health (CNSSCH) (2002) 2000th Chinese National Surveillance on Student's Constitution and Health. High Education Publications: Beijing.
37. Chinese National Survey on Students Constitution and Health (CNSSCH) (2007) 2005th Chinese National Surveillance on Student's Constitution and Health. High Education Publications: Beijing.
38. Wang DM, Yang LM (2012) The obesity status and its influence factors of elementary and middle school students in Huairou District, Beijing city. Chin J Scl Health 33: 248–249.
39. Liu XJ, Cui J, Liu LJ, Gong XH (2012) The status of overweight and obese in Han Chinese children living in Urumqi city. Chin J Scl Health 33: 209–210.
40. Ying-Xiu Z, Shu-Rong W (2012) Secular trends in body mass index and the prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents in Shandong, China, from 1985 to 2010. J Public Health (Oxf) 34: 131–137. [PubMed]
41. Ding ZY, Zhang X (1988) The Epidemiologic study on obesity of children and adolescents aged 7–18 years in urban area in Beijing city. J Clin Pediatr 6: 293–295.
42. Zuo H (2000) The epidemiology survey and its influence factors on obesity of children in urban area in Xi'an city. Shaanxi Med J 29: 693–695.
43. Hui L, Bell AC (2003) Overweight and obesity in children from Shenzhen, Peoples Republic of China. Health Place 9: 371–376. [PubMed]
44. Chen M, Li YQ, You Y (2002) The epidemiology survey of obesity in preschool children in urban area of Beijing city. Chin J Public Health 18: 161.
45. Li LL, Li HL, Yang YL, Shi XZ (2007) The epidemiology study on adolescent simple obesity in primary and middle school in zhengzhou city. Henan J Prevent Med 18: 18–20.
46. Wang SF, Li L, Qin SY (2005) Incidence and influencing factors of simple obesity among presohool children in Hefei urbanareas. Maternal and Child Health Care Chin 20: 169–170.
47. Zhang JM, Zhu JF (2003) The prevalence study of obesity in children age 1–7 years in Pudong New Area, Shanghai City. Anthology Med 22: 41–42.
48. Wei M (2007) The epidemiology baseline survey of obesity in children age 0–6 years in Shanghai city, Shanghai in 2002. J Prevent Med 19: 349–351.
49. Xiong F, Zeng Y, Long CL, Wang DG, Zhu M, et al. (2005) Epidemiological survey of obesity and its related diseases in children and adolescents aged 3 to18 years in Chongqing urban areas. Chongqing Med 34: 1838–1840.
50. Shan XY, Xi B, Cheng H, Hou DQ, Wang Y, et al. (2010) Prevalence and behavioral risk factors of overweight and obesity among children aged 2–18 in Beijing, China. Int J Pediatr Obes 5: 383–389. [PubMed]
51. Wang JL, Wang NR (2008) National epidemiological study on obesity children aged 0–18 years in Chongqing urban area. Chin J Child Health Care 16: 55–57.
52. Lv JZ, Hua F, Huang XY, Xu H, Gao F (2009) Epidemiology survey on hypertension and obesity of children age 7–12 year-olds in Changzhou city. Chin J Epidemiol 30: 868–869.
53. Wang HY, Chen JW, Bao LF, Jiang HB, Chen HL (2011) Epidemiology survey on obesity of children age 0–6 years in Zhoushan urban area, Zhejiang Province. Chin J Primary Med and Pharm 18: 353–354.
54. Wu J, Mo J, Huang CW, Peng LW, Xu L, et al. (2008) Obesity and its influencing factors in primary school students from Kaifu District of Changsha City. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10: 231–235. [PubMed]
55. Chang M, Xiao YF, Yin CY, Yi XQ, Xu ED (2009) Prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents with 7~18 years in Xi'an urban area in 2009. Chin J Child Health Care 20: 224–227.
56. Cao ZQ, Zhu L, Zhang T, Wu L, Wang Y (2012) Blood pressure and obesity among adolescents: a school-based population study in China. Am J Hypertens 25: 576–582. [PubMed] 57. Andegiorgish AK, Wang J, Zhang X, Liu X, Zhu H (2012) Prevalence of overweight, obesity, and associated risk factors among school children and adolescents in Tianjin, China. Eur J Pediatr 171: 697–703. [PubMed] 58. Zhang M, Guo F, Tu Y, Kiess W, Sun C, et al. (2012) Further increase of obesity prevalence in Chinese children and adolescents - cross-sectional data of two consecutive samples from the city of Shanghai from 2003 to 2008. Pediatr Diabetes 10.1111/j.1399-5448.2012.00877.x [doi]. [PubMed] 59. Ko GT, Ozaki R, Wong GW, Kong AP, So WY, et al. (2008) The problem of obesity among adolescents in Hong Kong: a comparison using various diagnostic criteria. BMC Pediatr 8: 10. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 60. Ma YN, Chen T, Wang D, Liu MM, He QC, et al. (2011) Prevalence of overweight and obesity among preschool children from six cities of northeast China. Arch Med Res 42: 633–640. [PubMed] 61. Ji CY (2008) The prevalence of childhood overweight/obesity and the epidemic changes in 1985–2000 for Chinese school-age children and adolescents. Obes Rev 9: 78–81. [PubMed] 62. Xi B, Liang Y, He T, Reilly KH, Hu Y, et al. (2012) Secular trends in the prevalence of general and abdominal obesity among Chinese adults, 1993–2009. Obes Rev 13: 287–296. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 63. Shang X, Li Y, Liu A, Zhang Q, Hu X, et al. (2012) Dietary Pattern and Its Association with the Prevalence of Obesity and Related Cardiometabolic Risk Factors among Chinese Children. PLoS One 7: e43183. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 64. Shan XY, Xi B, Cheng H, Hou DQ, Wang Y, et al. (2010) Prevalence and behavioral risk factors of overweight and obesity among children aged 2–18 in Beijing, China. Int J Pediatr Obes 5: 383–389. [PubMed] 65. Burdette HL, Whitaker RC (2005) A national study of neighborhood safety, outdoor play, television viewing, and obesity in preschool children. Pediatrics 116: 657–662. [PubMed] 66. Liu JM, Ye R, Li S, Ren A, Li Z, et al. (2007) Prevalence of overweight/obesity in Chinese children. Arch Med Res 38: 882–886. [PubMed] 67. Baskin ML, Ard J, Franklin F, Allison DB (2005) Prevalence of obesity in the United States. Obes Rev 6: 5–7. [PubMed] 68. Ogden CL, Carroll MD, Curtin LR, McDowell MA, Tabak CJ, et al. (2006) Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999–2004. JAMA 295: 1549–1555. [PubMed] 69. Wisniewski AB, Chernausek SD (2009) Gender in childhood obesity: family environment, hormones, and genes. Gend Med 6: 76–85. [PubMed] 70. Cui Z, Huxley R, Wu Y, Dibley MJ (2010) Temporal trends in overweight and obesity of children and adolescents from nine Provinces in China from 1991–2006. Int J Pediatr Obes 5: 365–374. [PubMed] 71. Chen TJ, Modin B, Ji CY, Hjern A (2011) Regional, socioeconomic and urban-rural disparities in child and adolescent obesity in China: a multilevel analysis. Acta Paediatr 100: 1583–1589. [PubMed] 72. Bovet P, Chiolero A, Shamlaye C, Paccaud F (2008) Prevalence of overweight in the Seychelles: 15 year trends and association with socio-economic status. Obes Rev 9: 511–517. [PubMed] 73. Zhang X, van der Lans I, Dagevos H (2011) Impacts of fast food and the food retail environment on overweight and obesity in China: a multilevel latent class cluster approach. Public Health Nutr 1–9. [PubMed] 74. Cheng TO (2005) Fast food, automobiles, television and obesity epidemic in Chinese children. Int J Cardiol 98: 173–174. [PubMed] 75. Sjoberg A, Moraeus L, Yngve A, Poortvliet E, Al-Ansari U, et al. (2011) Overweight and obesity in a representative sample of schoolchildren - exploring the urban-rural gradient in Sweden. Obes Rev 12: 305–314. [PubMed] 76. Davis AM, Bennett KJ, Befort C, Nollen N (2011) Obesity and related health behaviors among urban and rural children in the United States: data from the National Health And Nutrition Examination Survey 2003–2004 and 2005–2006. J Pediatr Psychol 36: 669–676. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 77. Ogden CL, Carroll MD, Kit BK, Flegal KM (2012) Prevalence of obesity and trends in body mass index among US children and adolescents, 1999–2010. JAMA 307: 483–490. [PubMed] 78. Hedley AA, Ogden CL, Johnson CL, Carroll MD, Curtin LR, et al. (2004) Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US children, adolescents, and adults, 1999–2002. JAMA 291: 2847–2850. [PubMed] 79. Boehmer TK, Brownson RC, Haire-Joshu D, Dreisinger ML (2007) Patterns of childhood obesity prevention legislation in the United States. Prev Chronic Dis 4: A56. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
80. Chen CM (2009) Guideline for prevention and control of overweight and obesity in Chinese children and adolescents. People's Health Medical Publishing House: Beijing.
81. Carruth BR, Ziegler PJ, Gordon A, Hendricks K (2004) Developmental milestones and self-feeding behaviors in infants and toddlers. J Am Diet Assoc 104: s51–56. [PubMed] 82. Yang J (2007) China's one-child policy and overweight children in the 1990s. Soc Sci Med 64: 2043–2057. [PubMed] 83. Chan L, Magarey AM, Daniels LA (2011) Maternal feeding practices and feeding behaviors of Australian children aged 12–36 months. Matern Child Health J 15: 1363–1371. [PubMed] 84. Levine JA (2008) Obesity in China: causes and solutions. Chin Med J (Engl) 121: 1043–1050. [PubMed] 85. Scaglioni S, Salvioni M, Galimberti C (2008) Influence of parental attitudes in the development of children eating behaviour. Br J Nutr 99: S22–25. [PubMed] 86. Benton D (2004) Role of parents in the determination of the food preferences of children and the development of obesity. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28: 858–869. [PubMed] 87. Wolman J, Skelly E, Kolotourou M, Lawson M, Sacher P (2008) Tackling toddler obesity through a pilot community-based family intervention. Community Pract 81: 28–31. [PubMed]