1. Chohan ZH, Praveen M, Ghaffar A. Structural and biological behaviour of Co(II), Cu(II) and Ni(II) metal complexes of some amino acid derived Schiff-bases. Metal-Based Drugs. 1997;4(5):267–272. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 2. Chohan ZH, Kausar S. Synthesis, structural and biological studies of nickel(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) chelates with tridentate Schiff bases having NNO and NNS donor systems. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 1993;41(5):951–953. [PubMed]
3. Seven MJ, Johnson LA. Metal Binding in Medicine. 4th edition. Philadelphia, Pa, USA: Lippincott; 1960.
4. Srivastava RS. Studies on some antifungal transition metal chelates of 2-(2-hydroxybenzylideneamino) benzimidazole. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 1997;29:p. 1024.
5. Patel VK, Vasanwala AM, Jejurkar CN. Synthesis of mixed Schiff base complexes of copper(II) and nickel(II) and their spectral, magnetic and antifungal studies. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 1976;28:p. 719.
6. Maggio F, Pellerito A, Pellerito L, Grimaudo S, Mansueto C, Vitturi R. Organometallic complexes with biological molecules—II. Synthesis, solid-state characterization and in vivo cytotoxicity of diorganotin(IV)chloro and triorganotin(IV) chloro derivatives of penicillin G. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 1994;8(1):71–85.
7. Vitturi R, Mansueto C, Gianguzza A, Maggio F, Pellerito A, Pellerito L. Organometallic complexes with biological molecules—III: in vivo cytotoxicity of diorganotin(IV)chloro and triorganotin(IV)chloro derivatives of penicillin g on chromosomes of Aphanius fasciatus(pisces, cyprinodontiformes) Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 1994;8(6):509–515.
8. Pellerito L, Maggio F, Consigilo A, Pellerito A, Stocco GC, Gremaudo S. Organometallic complexes with biological molecules—4: di- and tri-organotin(IV)amoxicillin derivatives: solid-state and solution-phase spectroscopic investigations. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 1995;9(3):227–239.
9. Vitturi R, Zava B, Colomba MS, Pellerito A, Maggio F, Pellerito L. Organometallic complexes with biological molecules—5: in vivo cytotoxicity of diorganotin(IV)-amoxicillin derivatives in mitotic chromosomes of Rutilus rubilio(pisces, Cyprinidae) Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 1995;9(7):561–566.
10. Rosenberg B, VanCamp L. The successful regression of large solid sarcoma 180 tumors by platinum compounds. Cancer Research. 1970;30(6):1799–1802. [PubMed]
11. Cleare MJ, Hoeschele JD. Studies on the antitumor activity of group VIII transition metal complexes—I. Platinum (II) complexes. Bioinorganic Chemistry. 1973;2(3):187–210.
12. Rosu T, Pahontu E, Reka-Stefana M, et al. Synthesis, structural and spectral studies of Cu(II) and V(IV) complexes of a novel Schiff base derived from pyridoxal and antimicrobial activity. Polyhedron. 2012;31:352–360.
13. Crowe AJ. Metal Based Antitumour Drugs. Vol. 1. London, UK: Freud; 1988. The antitumour activity of tin compounds; pp. 103–149.
14. Williams DR. Thermodynamic considerations in co-ordination—part 10. a potentiometric and calorimetric investigation of copper(II) histidine complexes in solution. Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions. 1972;(7):790–797.
15. Sakiyan I, Loğoğlu E, Arslan S, Sari N, Şakiyan N. Antimicrobial activities of N-(2-hydroxy-1-naphthalidene)-amino acid(glycine, alanine, phenylalanine, histidine, tryptophane) Schiff bases and their manganese(III) complexes. BioMetals. 2004;17(2):115–120. [PubMed]
16. Sari N, Arslan S, Logoglu E, Sakiyan I. Antibacterial activities of some Amino acid Schiff bases. Journal of Animal Science. 2003;16(2):283–288.
17. Williams RJP. Role of transition metal ions in biological processes. Royal Institute of Chemistry, Reviews. 1968;1(1):13–38.
18. Maurya RC, Mishra DD, Pillai S. Studies on some mixed-ligand chelates of cobalt(II) involving acetoacetylarylamides and biologically active heterocyclic oxygen donors. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry. 1997;27(10):1453–1466.
19. Maurya RC, Verma R, Trivedi PK, Singh H. Synthesis, magnetic and spectral studies of some mixed-ligand chelates of Bis(2-hydroxyacetophenonato)copper(II) with 2-or 3-pyrazoline-5-one derivatives. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry. 1998;28(2):311–329.
20. Singh RB, Jain P, Singh RP. Hydrazones as analytical reagents: a review. Talanta. 1982;29(2):77–84. [PubMed] 21. Tan C, Liu J, Chen L, Shi S, Ji L. Synthesis, structural characteristics, DNA binding properties and cytotoxicity studies of a series of Ru(III) complexes. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. 2008;102(8):1644–1653. [PubMed]
22. Zuber G, Quada JC, Jr., Hecht SM. Sequence selective cleavage of a DNA octanucleotide by chlorinated bithiazoles and bleomycins. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1998;120(36):9368–9369.
23. Hecht SM. Bleomycin: new perspectives on the mechanism of action. Journal of Natural Products. 2000;63(1):158–168. [PubMed] 24. Ghosh T, Maiya BG, Samanta A, et al. Mixed-ligand complexes of ruthenium(II) containing new photoactive or electroactive ligands: synthesis, spectral characterization and DNA interactions. Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry. 2005;10(5):496–508. [PubMed]
25. Carcelli M, Pelizzi C, Pelizzi G, Mazza P, Zani F. The different behaviour of the di-2-pyridylketone 2-thenoylhydrazone in two organotin compounds. Synthesis, X-ray structure and biological activity. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 1995;488(1-2):55–61.
26. Singh NP, Anu, Singh JV. Magnetic and spectroscopic studies of the synthesized metal complexes of bis(pyridine-2-carbo) hydrazide and their antimicrobial studies. E-Journal of Chemistry. 2012;9(4):1835–1842.
27. Saha S, Dhanasekaran D, Chandraleka S, Thajuddin N, Panneerselvam A. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of cobalt metal complexes against drug resistant bacterial and fungal pathogens. Advances in Biological Research. 2010;4:224–229.
28. Mulligan ME, Murray-Leisure KA, Ribner BS, et al. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a consensus review of the microbiology, pathogenesis, and epidemiology with implications for prevention and management. American Journal of Medicine. 1993;94(3):313–328. [PubMed]
29. Farrell N. Metal complexes as drugs and chemotherapeutic agents. Comprehensive Coordination Chemistry. 2003;9:809–840.
30. Dholakiya PP, Patel MN. Metal complexes: preparation, magnetic, spectral, and biocidal studies of some mixed-ligand complexes with schiff bases containing NO and NN donor atoms. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry. 2004;34(3):553–563.
31. Rehman SU, Chohan ZH, Gulnaz F, Supuran CT. In-vitro antibacterial, antifungal and cytotoxic activities of some coumarins and their metal complexes. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2005;20(4):333–340. [PubMed]
32. Lee U, Koo BK. Synthesis and crystal structures of Mn(II), Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II), and Zn(II) metal complexes with NNO functionalized ligands. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society. 2005;26(6):925–929.
33. Valdés-Martínez J, Toscano RA, Zentella-Dehesa A, Salberg MM, Bain GA, West DX. Synthesis, crystal and molecular structure of 5-bromo-salicylaldehyde-2-methylthiosemicarbazonato(nitrato)copper(II) monohydrate. Polyhedron. 1996;15(3):427–431.
34. Geary WJ. The use of conductivity measurements in organic solvents for the characterisation of coordination compounds. Coordination Chemistry Reviews. 1971;7(1):81–122.
35. Cotton FA, Wilkinson G, Murillo CA, Bochmann M. Advanced Inorganic Chemistry. 6th edition. New York, NY, USA: John-Wiley and Sons;
36. Vogel AI. A Textbook of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis. 4th edition. London, UK: ELBS and Longman; 1978.