1. Fawell J, Baily K, Chilton J, Dahi E, Fewtrell L, Magara Y. Fluoride in drinking water. 1st ed. London: WHO; 2006. pp. 1–95.
2. Chandra S, Thergaonkar VP, Sharma R. water quality and dental fluorosis. Indian J Public Health. 1981 Jan-Mar;25(1):47–51. [PubMed]
3. Neenan ME, Easley M, Ruiz M. Water Fluoridation. In: Harris NO, Garcia-Godoy F, editors. Primary Preventive Dentistry. 6th Ed. New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall; 2004. pp. 181–239.
4. McDonald RE, Avery D, Stookey GK, Chin JR, Kowolik JO. Dental caries in the child and adolescent. In: McDonald RE, Avery D, Dean J, editors. Dentistry for the child and adolescent. 9th ed. Philadelphia: CV Mosby Co; 2011. pp. 177–204.
5. Susheela AK, Bhatnagar M, Vig K, Mondal NK. Excess fluoride ingestion and thyroid hormone derangements in children living in Dehli, India. Flouride. 2005;38:98–108.
6. Xu H, Jin XQ, Jing L, Li GS. Effect of sodium fluoride on the expression of bcl-2 family and osteopontin in rat renal tubular cells. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2006 Jan;109(1):55–60. [PubMed]
7. Yaming G, Hongmei N, Cuiping F, Hongwei W, Xiaoyan Y, Shaolin W, et al. Apoptosis in brain cells of offspring rats exposed to high fluoride and low iodine. Fluoride. 2006;39:173–8.
8. Vani ML, Reddy KP. Effects of fluoride accumulation on some enzymes of brain and gastrocnemius muscle of mice. Flouride. 2000;33:17–26.
9. Mullenix PJ, Denbesten PK, Shunior A, Kernas WJ. Neurotoxicity of sodium fluoride in rats. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 1995 Mar-Apr;17(2):169–77. [PubMed]
10. Chirumari K, Reddy PK. Dose dependent effects of fluoride on neurochemical milieu in hypocampus and neocrtex of rat brain. Fluoride. 2007;40:101–10.
11. Niu R, Sun Z, Cheng Z, Liu H, Chen H, Wang J. Effects of fluoride and lead on nmethyle-d-aspartat receptor 1 expression in the hypocampus of offspring rat pups. Fluoride. 2008;41:101–10.
12. Li Y, Jing X, Chen D, Lin L, Wang Z. Effects of endemic fluoride poisoning on the intellectual development of children in Baotou. Flouride. 2008;41:161–4.
13. Rocha-Amador D, Navarro ME, Carrizales L, Morales R, Calderon J. Decreased intelligence and exposure to fluoride and arsenic in drinking water. Cad Saude Publica. 2007;23(Suppl 4):S579–87. [PubMed]
14. Hong F, Cao Y, Yang D, Wang H. Rsearch on effects of fluoride on child intellectual development under different environmental conditions. Flouride. 2008;41:156–60.
15. Meenkashi, Garg Vk, Kavita, Renuka, Malik A. Ground water quality in some villages of Hariyana, India: focus on fluoride and fluorosis. J Hazard Mater. 2004 Jan 2;106(1):55–60. [PubMed] 16. Wang SX, Wang ZH, Cheng XT, Li J, Sang ZP, Zhang XD, et al. Arsenic and fluoride exposure in drinking water: children’s IQ and growth in Shanyin county, Shanxi province, China. Environ Health Perspect. 2007 Apr;115(4):643–7. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
17. Li J, Yao L, Shao QL, Wu CY. Effects of high fluoride level on neonatal neurobehavioral development. Fluoride. 2008;41:165–70.
18. Xiang Q, Liang Y, Chen L, Wang C, Chen B, Chen X, Zhou M. Effect of fluoride in drinking water on children’s intelligence. Fluoride. 2003;36:84–94.
19. Shivaprakash PK, Ohri K, Noorani H. Relation between dental fluorosis and intelligence quotient in school children of Bagalkot district. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2011;29:117–120. [PubMed]
20. Asghari Moghaddam A, Fijani E. Distribution of fluoride in ground water of Maku area, northwest of Iran. Environ Geol. 2008;56:281–7.
22. Raven J, Raven JC, Court JH. Manual for Raven’s progressive matrices and vocabulary scales. Oxford, England: Psychologist press/san Antorio; 1998.
24. Nowak A, Crall JJ. Prevention Of Dental Disease. In: Pinkham JR, Cassamassimo PS, Mctigue DJ, Fields HW, editors. Pediatric Dentistry Infancy Through Adolescence. 5th ed. St Louis: Elsevier Saunders; 2005. pp. 220–35.
25. Ding Y, Gao Y, Sun H, Han H, Wang W, Ji X, et al. The relationship between low levels of urine fluoride on children’s intelligence, dental fluorosis in endemic fluorosis areas in Hulunbuir, Inner Mongolia, China. J Hazard Mater. 2011 Feb 28;186(2–3):1942–6. [PubMed]
26. Trivedi MH, Verma RJ, Chinoy NJ, Patel RS, Sathawara NG. Effect of high fluoride water on intelligence of school children in India. Fluoride. 2007;40(3):178–83.
27. Lim KK, Siti Rohana D, Zawiah A, Wan Nazaimoon WM. An evaluation of the effectiveness of water iodinator system to supply iodine to selected schools in Terengganu, Malaysia. Trop Biomed. 2006 Dec;23(2):172–8. [PubMed]
28. Evens E, Ruth A, Osnick J, Yves P. Human health risk assessment of lead in drinking water: a case study from Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Int J Environment Pollution. 2007;31:280–91.
29. Bloylock RL. Excitotoxicity: a possible central mechanism in flouride neurotoxicity. Flouride. 2004;37:301–14.
30. Raven J. The Raven’s progressive matrices: change and stability over culture and time. Cogn Psychol. 2000;41:1–48. [PubMed] 31. Hayashi M, Kato M, Igarashi K, Kashima H. Superior fluid intelligence in children with Asperger’s disorder. Brain Cogn. 2008 Apr;66(33):306–10. [PubMed] 32. Saw SM, Tan SB, Fung D, Chia KS, Koh D, Tan DT, et al. IQ and the association with myopia in children. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004 Sep;45(9):2943–8. [PubMed]
33. Seraj B, Shahrabi M, Falahzade M, Falahzade F, Akhondi N. Effect of fluoride concentration in drinking water on children’s intelligence. Journal of dental medicine. 2006;19:80–6.
34. Xiang Q, Liang Y. Blood lead of children in Wamiao-Xinhuai intelligence study. Fluoride. 2003;36:198–9.