1. Kemp JP. Comprehensive asthma management: guidelines for clinicians. J Asthma. 1998;35(8):601–620. [PubMed]
2. Green M, Haggerty RJ. Ambulatory Pediatrics II. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Co.; 1977.
3. Hughes DM, Mc Leod M, Jones B, Golbloom R. Controlled trial of a home and ambulatory program for asthmatic children. Pediatrics. 1991;87:54–61. [PubMed]
4. American Lung Association.The Many Faces of Asthma. American Lung Association Annual Report. 1988, p. 9.
5. Mao Y, Semenciw R, Morrison H, et al. Increased rates of illness and death from asthma in Canada. Can Med Assoc J. 1987;137:620–624. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 6. Wolfish MG, McLean J. Chronic illness in adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am. 1974;21(4):1043–1045. [PubMed] 7. Fireman P, Friday GA, Gira C, Vierthaler WA, Michaels L. Teaching self-management skills to asthmatic children and their parents in an ambulatory care setting. Pediatrics. 1981;68:341–348. [PubMed]
8. Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health; 1995.
9. Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health; 1991.
10. Sly RM. changing asthma mortality and sales of inhaled bronchodilators and antiasthmatic drugs. Ann Allergy. 1994;73:439–443. [PubMed]
11. Workshop proceedings on self-management of childhood asthma.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1983;72:S519–S626.
12. Taggart VJ, Zuckerman A, Lucas S, Acty-Lindsey A, Bellanti J. Adapting a self-management education program for asthma for use in an outpatient clinic. Ann Allergy. 1987;58(3):173–178. [PubMed]
13. Parker S, Wolfe J, eds. Asthma self-management: a second generation of research programs.Health Educ Q. 1987;14(3).
14. Gross A, Magalnick L, Richardson P. Self-management training with families of insulin-dependent diabetic children: a controlled long-term investigation.Child Fam Behav Ther. 1985;7(1).
15. Childhood Asthma Management Program Research Group Recruitment of participants in the Childhood Asthma Management Program (CAMP). I. Description of methods. J Asthma. 1999;36(3):217–237. [PubMed] 16. Thapar A. Educating asthmatic patients in primary care: a pilot study of small groups education. Fam Pract. 1994;11(1):39–43. [PubMed] 17. Stein R, Perrin E, Pless B, et al. Severity of illness: concepts and measurements. Lancet. 1987;2:1506–1509. [PubMed]
18. Piaget J. The Equilibration of Cognitive Structures. The Central Problem of Intellectual Development. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press; 1975.
19. Piaget J. Intelligence and Affectivity: Their Relation During Child Development. Paris: Centre de Documentation Universitaire; 1954–1981. Les Relations Entre l'Affectivite et l'Intelligence dans le Développement Mental de l'Enfant.
20. Piaget J. The Moral Judgement of the Child. London: Free Press; 1932.
21. Rotter JIB. Social Learning and Clinical Psychology. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1954.
22. Wallston K, Kaplan C, Maides S, Wallston B. Development and validation of the health locus of control (HLC) scale. J Clin Psychol. 1976;44:580–585.
23. Wallston K, Wallston B.Health Locus of control Scales. Research with the Locus of Control construct: 1981, p. 11.
24. Bandura A. Psychological aspects of prognostic judgements. In: Evans RW, Baskin DS, Yatsu FM, editors. Prognosis in Neurological Disease. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 1990.
25. Parcel G, Nader P. Evaluation of a pilot school health education program for asthmatic children.J School Health. October 1977;453–456.
26. Lewis CH, Rachelefsky G, Lewis MA, Sota A, Kaplan M. A randomized trial of ACT for kids. Pediatrics. 1984;74(4):478–486. [PubMed]
27. DeVries R, Kohlberg L. Constructivist Early Education: Overview and Comparison with Other Programs. Washington, DC: National Association for the Education of Young Children; 1990.
28. SPSS/PC+Advanced Statistics, Cluster Analysis—Statistics Guide. 1986:B71.
29. Everitt BS. Cluster Analysis. London, England: Heineman; 1980.
30. Romesburg HC. Cluster Analysis for Researchers. Belmont, CA: Lifetime Learning Publishers; 1984.
31. Easlon J, Hillman B, Shapiro G, et al. Management of asthma. Pediatrics. 1981;68:874–879. [PubMed]
32. Richards W, and the AAP Committee of the Section of Allergy and Immunology. Principles of diagnosis and management of asthma for the practicing physician. Consensus statement report presented at: AAP Annual Meeting; October 1989.
33. Harris D. El Test de Goodenough: Revisión, Amplicación y Actualización. Buenos Aires, Argentina: Paidos; 1981. pp. 384–384.
34. Parcel CS, Meyer MP. Development of an instrument to measure children's health locus of control. Health Educ Monogr. 1978;6(2):149–159. [PubMed]
35. Wood I, Carlini MT, Tieffenberg JA. Monitoring changes in health-related attitudes and beliefs of children with chronic disorders: results using a children's Health Locus of Control Scale. In: Latin American Society for Pediatric Research Proceedings of the 16th Annual Meeting; November 1988. Abstract 62.
36. O'Brien R, Bush P, Parcel C. Stability in a measure of children's Health Locus of Control. J School Health. 1989;59(4):161–164. [PubMed]
37. Duncan D. A significance test for differences between ranked treatments in an analysis of variance. Va J Sci. 1951;2:171–189.
38. Mann HB, Whitney DR. On a test of whether one or two random variables is statistically larger than the other. Ann Math Stat. 1947;18:50–60.
39. Colditz C, Miller J, Mosteller F. Measuring gain in the evaluation of medical technology: the probability of a better outcome. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 1988;4:637–642. [PubMed] 40. Parcel G, Gilman S, Nader P, Bunce H. A comparison of absentee rates of elementary schoolchildren with asthma and nonasthmatic schoolmates. Pediatrics. 1979;64(6):878–881. [PubMed] 41. Krutzsch C, Bellicha T, Parker S. Making childhood asthma management education happen in the community: translating health behavioral research into local programs. Health Educ Q. 1987;14(3):357–373. [PubMed]
42. DeVries R, Kamii C. Why Group Games? A Piagetian Perspective. Urbana, IL: Eric Publications Office; 1975.
43. Van Der Kooij R, Hellendoorm J, eds.Play—Play Therapy—Play Research: International Symposium, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, September 1985.
44. Bransky RE. A study of absence from school. Med Officer. 1951;86:223–237.
45. Perrin E, Shapiro E. Health locus of control beliefs of healthy children, children with a chronic physical illness, and their mothers. Pediatrics. 1985;107:627–633.
46. Hui Ch. Locus of Control: a review of cross-cultural research. Int J Intercultural Relations. 1982;6:301–323.
47. Hui Ch, Triandis HC. Multistrategy approach to cross-cultural research: the case of Locus of Control. J Cross Cultural Psychol. 1983;14(1):65–83.