This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
The Full Text of this article is available as a PDF (307K).
These references are in PubMed. This may not be the complete list of references from this article.
1. Rubin R. Maternal Identity and the Maternal Experience. New York: Springer; 1984.
2. Sheresheisky PM, Yarrow LJ. Psychological Aspects of a First Pregnancy and Postnatal Adaptation. New York: Raven Press; 1973.
3. Fowles ER. Relationships among prenatal maternal attachment, presence of postnatal depressive symptoms and maternal role attainment. J Soc Pediatr Nurs. 1996;1:75–82.[PubMed]
4. Burns LH. Pregnancy after infertility. Infertil Reprod Med Clin North Am. 1996;7:503–520.
5. Olshansky EF. Identity of self as infertile: An example of theory generating research. Adv Nurs Sci. 1987;9:54–63.
6. Olshansky EF. Psychosocial implications of pregnancy after infertility. NACOG Clin Issues Perinat Womens Health Nurs. 1990;1:342.
7. Dunnington RM, Glazer G. Maternalidentity and early mothering behavior in previously infertile and never infertile women. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 1991;20:309–317.
8. Shapiro CH. Is pregnancy after infertility a dubious joy? Soc Casework. 1986;66:306–313.
9. Bernstein J, Lewis J, Seibel MD. Effect of previous infertility on maternal fetal attachment, coping styles and self-concept during pregnancy. J Women's Health. 1994;3:125–133.
10. Floyd C. Pregnancy after reproductive failure. Am J Nurs. 1981;21:2050–2053.[PubMed]
11. Sandelowski M, Harris B, Black B. Relinquishing infertility: The work of pregnancy for infertile couples. Qual Health Res. 1992;2:282–301.
12. McMahon C, Ungerer J, Beaurepaire J, Tennant C, Saunders D. Anxiety in pregnancy and maternal and paternal fetal attachment after IVF conception. Hum Reprod. 1997;12:176–182.[PubMed]
13. McMahon C, Ungerer J, Tennant C, Saunders D: Do anxiety in pregnancy and associated coping strategies have an adverse impact on postpartum adjustment for IVF mothers? Paper presented at XVI Annual Scientific Meeting of the Fertility Society of Australia, Adelaide, Australia, Dec 1997.
14. Stanton F, Golombok S. Maternal-fetal attachment during pregnancy following in vitro fertilization. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 1993;14:153–158.[PubMed]
15. Phipps S. The subsequent pregnancy after stillbirth: Anticipatory parenthood in the face of uncertainty. Int J Psychiatry Med. 1985;15:243–263.[PubMed]
16. McMahon C, Ungerer J, Tennant C, Saunders D. Psychosocial adjustment and the quality of the mother-child relationship at four months postpartum after conception by in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 1997;68:492–500.[PubMed]
17. Gibson F, Ungerer J, Leslie G, Saunders D, Tennant C: Psychosocial adjustment, child behaviour and the quality of the attachment relationship at 1 year post partum for mothers conceiving through IVF. Paper presented at 52nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Boston, MA, Nov 1996.
18. Golombok S, Brewaeys A, Cook R, Giavazzi M, Guerra D, Mantovani A, van Hall E, Crosignani P, Dexeus S. The European Study of Assisted Reproduction Families: Family functioning and child development. Hum Reprod. 1996;11:2324–2331.[PubMed]
19. van Balen F. Child-rearing following in vitro fertilization. J Child Psychol Psychiat. 1996;37:687–693.[PubMed]
Articles from Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics are provided here courtesy of Springer Science+Business Media, LLC