2. National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission. Final Report of the National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission. Canberra, Australia: Australian Government; 2009. A Healthier Future for all Australians.
3. Chaney JD, Hunt BP, Schultz JW. An examination using the PRECEDE model framework to establish a comprehensive program to prevent school violence. American Journal of Health Studies. 2000;16(4):199–204.
4. Hawe P. Needs assessment must become more change-focused. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 1996;20(5):473–478. [PubMed] 5. Sackett DL, Rosenberg WMC, Gray JAM, Haynes RB, Richardson WS. Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn’t. It’s about integrating individual clinical expertise and the best external evidence. British Medical Journal. 1996;312(7023):71–72. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 6. Agnew A, Manktelow R, Taylor B, Jones L. Bereavement needs assessment in specialist palliative care: a review of the literature. Palliative Medicine. 2010;24(1):46–59. [PubMed]
7. Bugge E, Higginson IJ. Palliative care and the need for education - Do we know what makes a difference? A limited systematic review. Health Education Journal. 2006;65(2):101–125.
8. Fuller J, Bentley M, Shotton D. Use of community health needs assessment for regional planning in country South Australia. The Australian Journal of Rural Health. 2001;9(1):12–17. [PubMed] 9. Finifter DH, Jensen CJ, Wilson CE, Koenig BL. A comprehensive, multitiered, targeted community needs assessment model: methodology, dissemination, and implementation. Family and Community Health. 2005;28(4):293–306. [PubMed]
10. Green LW, Kreuter MW. Health Program Planning: An Educational and Ecological Approach. 4th edition. New York, NY, USA: McGraw-Hill Higher Education; 2005.
11. Giles-Corti B. Book review: health promotion planning: an educational and ecological approach. Health Promotion Journal of Australia. 2000;10(1)
12. McAuliffe A. Nursing students’ practice in providing oral hygiene for patients. Nursing Standard. 2007;21(33):35–39. [PubMed] 13. Meador MG, Linnan LA. Using the PRECEDE model to plan men’s health programs in a managed care setting. Health promotion practice. 2006;7(2):186–196. [PubMed] 14. Mo PKH, Mak WWS. Application of the PRECEDE model to understanding mental health promoting behaviors in Hong Kong. Health Education and Behavior. 2008;35(4):574–587. [PubMed]
15. Wang S, Wang R. Using the PRECEDE model to predict AIDS preventive intentions of junior college students. Nursing Research. 2000;8(3):349–361.
17. Davidson PM, Salamonson Y, Rolley J, et al. Perception of cardiovascular risk following a percutaneous coronary intervention: a cross sectional study. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2011;48(8):973–978. [PubMed]
18. Public Health Information Development Unit. Population Profile Series: No 22. Adelaide, Australia: Public Health Information Development Unit; 2005. Population health profile of the Mid North Coast division of general practice.
19. Population Health Division. NSW Health. NSW Department of Health; 2008. Report of the NSW Chief Health Officer.
20. Game FL, Jones AF. Ethnicity and risk factors for coronary heart disease in diabetes mellitus. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. 2000;2(2):91–97. [PubMed]
21. Hurni A. University of Western Sydney and Western Sydney Community Forum. Sydney, Australia: University of Western Sydney; 2006. Transport and social exclusion in Western Sydney.
22. Davidson PM. Do patients following percutaneous coronary intervention perceive a risk of future cardiovascular events? Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation & Prevention. In press.
23. Hislop TG, Teh C, Low A, et al. Predisposing, reinforcing and enabling factors associated with hepatitis B testing in Chinese Canadians in British Columbia. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2007;8(1):39–44. [PubMed] 24. Davis DA, Thomson MA, Oxman AD, Haynes RB. Changing physician performance: a systematic review of the effect of continuing medical education strategies. Journal of the American Medical Association. 1995;274(9):700–705. [PubMed] 25. Solomon DH, Hashimoto H, Daltroy L, Liang MH. Techniques to improve physicians’ use of diagnostic tests: a new conceptual framework. Journal of the American Medical Association. 1998;280(23):2020–2027. [PubMed]
26. Turrell G, Stanley L, de Looper M, Oldenburg B. Health Inequalities in Australia: Morbidity, Health Behaviours, Risk Factors and Health Service Use. Canberra, Australia: Queensland University of Technology & AIHW; 2006.
27. Australian Department of Health and Ageing and National Health and Medical Research Council. Guidelines for a Palliative Approach in Residential Aged Care. Canberra, Australia: E.C. University; 2006.
28. Aroney CN, Aylward PE, Kelly A, et al. Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes. Medical Journal of Australia. 2006;184(8):S1–S29.
29. Phillips J, Davidson PM, Jackson D, Kristjanson L, Daly J, Curran J. Residential aged care: the last frontier for palliative care. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2006;55(4):416–424. [PubMed] 30. Phillips JL, Davidson PM, Ollerton R, Jackson D, Kristjanson L. Commitment and compassion: survey results from nurses and care assistants working in residential aged care. International journal of palliative nursing. 2007;13(6):282–290. [PubMed]
31. Phillips J, Davidson PM, Willcock S. An insight into the delivery of a palliative approach in residential aged care: the general practitioner perspective. Journal of Applied Gerontology. 2009;28(3):395–405.
32. Rolley JX, Salamonson Y, Dennison CR, Davidson PM. Nursing care practices following a percutaneous coronary intervention: results of a survey of Australian and New Zealand cardiovascular nurses. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2010;25(1):75–84. [PubMed] 33. Fernandez RS, Griffiths R, Juergens C, Davidson P, Salamonson Y. Persistence of coronary risk factor status in participants 12 to 18 months after percutaneous coronary intervention. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2006;21(5):379–387. [PubMed] 34. Phillips JL, Davidson PM, Jackson D, Kristjanson LJ. Multi-faceted palliative care intervention: aged care nurses’ and care assistants’ perceptions and experiences. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2008;62(2):216–227. [PubMed]
35. Garling P. Special Commission of Inquiry: Acute Care Services in NSW Public Hospitals. Sydney, Australia: N. Health; 2008. Final report of the special commission of inquiry acute care services in NSW public hospitals. Sydney.
36. Grol R, Wensing M. What drives change? Barriers to and incentives for achieving evidence-based practice. Medical Journal of Australia. 2004;180(6):S57–S60. [PubMed] 37. Gielen AC, Sleet D. Application of behavior-change theories and methods to injury prevention. Epidemiologic Reviews. 2003;25:65–76. [PubMed]
38. Doyle N, Kelly D. “So what happens now?” Issues in cancer survival and rehabilitation. Clinical Effectiveness in Nursing. 2005;9(3-4):147–153.