1. Anonymus. Statistical Hand Book. Govt. Publication, Govt. of Assam; 2003.
2. Mishra RK, Jain RP, Basuthakur AK. Testis biometry as a basis of selection of body weights in kids. The Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 1984;54:263–266.
3. Sarmah BK, Dutta A, Dutta DJ, Goswami RN, Sarmah BC. Testicular development during postnatal life of crossbred buck. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 1998;68(11):1173–1174.
4. Ahmad N, Noakes DE. Sexual maturity in British breeds of goat kids. British Veterinary Journal. 1996;152(1):93–103. [PubMed]
5. Pal C, Bhardwaj MML. Morphology and biometry of the testis in Indian buffalo. Philippine Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 1983;22:7–12.
6. Sergeev NI, Zaboloskii VA. Age changes in the development of the rete testis in rams. Doklady Vsesoyuznoi Akademii Sel’skokhozyaistvennykh Nauk. 1976;12:26–28.
7. Hall LW, Clarke KW, Trim CM. Wright’s Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia. 10th edition. London, UK: ELBS and Baillierre Tindall; 2000.
8. Luna LG. Manual of Histological Staining Methods of Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. 3rd edition. New York, NY, USA: McGraw Hill; 1968.
9. Humason GL. Animal Tissue Techniques. San Francisco, Calif, USA: W. H. Freeman and Company; 1967.
10. Singh P. Histological and histoenzymic studies on the postnatal development and differentiation of the seminiferous epithelium and Leydig cell in buffalo testis. Ludhiana, India: Punjab Agricultural University; 1996. M.S. thesis.
11. Connel CJ, Connel GM. The interstitial tissue of the testis. In: Johnson AD, Gomes WR, Vandemark NL, editors. The Testis. Vol. 4. New York, NY, USA: Academic Press; 1977. pp. 333–361.
12. Lee VWK, Burger HG. Pituitary testicular axis, during pubertal development. In: Kretser DM, Burger HG, Hudson B, editors. The Pituitary and Testis, Clinical and Experimental Studies. Berlin, Germany: Springer; 1983. pp. 44–83.
13. Hamano KI, Tokuda Y, Oshima K, et al. Histological study of differentiation of testicular cells in young Japanese black bulls. Journal of the Faculty of Agriculture, Shinshu University, Japan. 2001
14. Kishore PVS, Ramesh G, Basha SH. Postnatal histological study on the luminization of seminiferous tubules in Madras Red rams (Ovis aries) Technical Bulletin of XX Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists Convention held at Jabalpur, 2006.
15. Abdel-Raouf M. The postnatal development of the reproductive organs in bulls with special reference to puberty (incluing growth of the hypophysis and the adrenals) Acta Endocrinologica. 1960;34:109–119. [PubMed]
16. Orgi I, Steinbech J. Postnatal development of testis and epididymis in the Nigerian Dwarf sheep. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Congress on Animal Reproduction and artificial Insemination; month year; Karakow, India. p. 74.
17. Ramaya PJ, Kumar V, Pathak D, Singh O, Sethi RS. Histomorphological studies on the testes of neonatal buffalo calves (Bubalus bubalis) Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy. 2007;19:7–12.
18. Goyal HO, Dhingra LD. A study on the postnatal histology of the testis in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). I. From birth to one year. Acta Anatomica. 1973;84(2):237–250. [PubMed]
19. Baishya G. Studies on post natal development of male gonad (0-90 days) in relation to thyroid gland in Assam goat (Capra hircus) Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam, India: Assam Agricultural University; 1984. M.S. thesis.
20. Clermont Y, Perey B. Quantitative study of the cell population of the seminiferous tubules in immature rats. The American Journal of Anatomy. 1957;100(2):241–267. [PubMed] 21. Aire TA. The development of the testis in the dwarf Nigerian ram lamb. Research in Veterinary Science. 1973;14(1):104–106. [PubMed] 22. Swierstra EE, Gebauer MR, Pickett BW. Reproductive physiology of the stallion. I. Spermatogenesis and testis composition. Journal of Reproduction and Fertility. 1974;40(1):113–123. [PubMed]
23. Johnson AD, Gomes WR, Vandemark NL. The Testis. Vol. 4. New York, NY, USA: Academic Press; 1977. pp. 451–458.
24. Bordooi CC, Dhingra LD. Seasonal studies on the histomorphological status of the seminiferous epithelium of Indian Black Beatle goats. Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy. 1990;2:1–7.
25. Guraya SS. Biology of Spermatogenesis and Spermatozoa in Mammals. New York, NY, USA: Springer; 1980.
26. Gondos B, Renston RH, Goldstein DA. Postnatal differentiation of Leydig cells in the rabbit testis. American Journal of Anatomy. 1977;145(2):167–181. [PubMed]
27. Baishya G, Bhattacharya M, Roy TC. A correlative note on testis of local kids of Assam. Indian Veterinary Journal. 1987;64:989–990.
28. Raja CKSV, Rao AR. Note on histological development of the testis in Brown Swiss crossbred bulls. Indian Journal of Animal Science. 1982;52:1241–1243.
29. Schahidi R, Smidt D. Investigation on the onset of sexual maturity in native rams in the province of Khuzestan in Iran. Deutsche Tieraztliche Wochenschrift. 1980;87:130–132. [PubMed]
30. Kakoti D. Studies on body measurements, testicular biometry, age at puberty, sexual behaviour and semen characteristics in Beetal X Assam local male kids. Khanapara, Guwahati, India: Assam Agril. University; 1999. M.S. thesis.
31. Dellman HD, Wrobel KH. Male reproductive system. In: Dellman HD, Brown EM, editors. Textbook of Veterinary Histology. 3rd edition. Philadelphia, Pa, USA: Lea and Febiger; 1987. pp. 286–312.
32. Bordoloi CC. Seasonal variations on the cytomorphological and cytochemical architecture of the testes in sexually mature male goats (Capra hircus) Hissar, India: Haryana Agricultural University; 1979. Ph.D. thesis.