1. Mrksich M, Dervan PB. Antiparallel side-by-side heterodimer for sequence-specific recognition in the minor groove of DNA by a distamycin/1-methylimidazole-2-carboxamide-netropsin pair. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1993;115(7):2572–2576.
2. Kokubo C, Katsuki T. Highly enantioselective catalytic oxidation of alkyl aryl sulfides using Mn-salen catalyst. Tetrahedron. 1996;52(44):13895–13900.
3. Schoumacker S, Hamelin O, Pécaut J, Fontecave M. Catalytic asymmetric sulfoxidation by chiral manganese complexes: acetylacetonate anions as chirality switches. Inorganic Chemistry. 2003;42(24):8110–8116. [PubMed]
4. Dupureur CM, Barton JK. Structural Studies of Λ- and Δ-[Ru(phen)2dppz]2+ Bound to d(GTCGAC)2: characterization of Enantioselective Intercalation. Inorganic Chemistry. 1997;36(1):33–43.
5. Hemmert C, Pitié M, Renz M, Gornitzka H, Soulet S, Meunier B. Preparation, characterization and crystal structures of manganese(II), iron(III) and copper(II) complexes of the bis[di-1,1-(2-pyridyl)ethyl] amine (BDPEA) ligand; evaluation of their DNA cleavage activities. Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry. 2001;6(1):14–22. [PubMed]
6. Li VS, Choi D, Wang Z, Jimenez LS, Tang M, Kohn H. Role of the C-10 substituent in mitomycin C-1-DNA bonding. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1996;118(10):2326–2331.
7. Zuber G, Quada JC, Hecht SM. Sequence selective cleavage of a DNA octanucleotide by chlorinated bithiazoles and bleomycins. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1998;120(36):9368–9369.
8. Gellis A, Kovacic H, Boufatah N, Vanelle P. Synthesis and cytotoxicity evaluation of some benzimidazole-4,7-diones as bioreductive anticancer agents. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2008;43(9):1858–1864. [PubMed] 9. Güven ÖÖ, Erdoğan T, Göker H, Yildiz S. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some novel phenyl and benzimidazole substituted benzyl ethers. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2007;17(8):2233–2236. [PubMed] 10. Kopańska K, Najda A, Zebrowska J, et al. Synthesis and activity of 1H-benzimidazole and 1H-benzotriazole derivatives as inhibitors of Acanthamoeba castellanii. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2004;12(10):2617–2624. [PubMed] 11. Skyrianou KC, Perdih F, Turel I, Kessissoglou DP, Psomas G. Nickel-quinolones interaction—part 2: interaction of nickel(II) with the antibacterial drug oxolinic acid. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. 2010;104(2):161–170. [PubMed]
12. Skyrianou KC, Raptopoulou CP, Psycharis V, Kessissoglou DP, Psomas G. Structure, cyclic voltammetry and DNA-binding properties of the bis(pyridine)bis(sparfloxacinato)nickel(II) complex. Polyhedron. 2009;28(15):3265–3271.
13. Jin Y, Lewis MA, Gokhale NH, Long EC, Cowan JA. Influence of stereochemistry and redox potentials on the single- and double-strand DNA cleavage efficiency of Cu(II)-and Ni(II)·Lys-Gly-his-derived ATCUN metallopeptides. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2007;129(26):8353–8361. [PubMed] 14. Bisceglie F, Baldini M, Belicchi-Ferrari M, et al. Metal complexes of retinoid derivatives with antiproliferative activity: synthesis, characterization and DNA interaction studies. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2007;42(5):627–634. [PubMed] 15. Chaires JB. Tris(phenanthroline)ruthenium(II) enantiomer interactions with DNA: mode and specificity of binding. Biochemistry. 1993;32(10):2573–2584. [PubMed]
16. Marmur J. A procedure for the isolation of deoxyribonucleic acid from microorganisms. Methods in Enzymology. 1963;6:726–738.
17. Wolfe A, Shimer GH, Meehan T. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons physically intercalate into duplex regions of denatured DNA. Biochemistry. 1987;26(20):6392–6396. [PubMed] 18. Chauhan M, Banerjee K, Arjmand F. DNA binding studies of novel copper(II) complexes containing L-tryptophan as chiral auxiliary: in vitro antitumor activity of Cu-Sn2 complex in human neuroblastoma cells. Inorganic Chemistry. 2007;46(8):3072–3082. [PubMed] 19. Lakowicz JR, Weber G. Quenching of fluorescence by oxygen. A probe for structural fluctuations in macromolecules. Biochemistry. 1973;12(21):4161–4170. [PubMed] 20. Satyanarayana S, Dabrowiak JC, Chaires JB. Neither Δ- nor Λ-tris(phenanthroline)ruthenium(II) binds to DNA by classical intercalation. Biochemistry. 1992;31(39):9319–9324. [PubMed]
21. Berends HP, Stephan DW. Copper(I) and copper(II) complexes of biologically relevant tridentate ligands. Inorganica Chimica Acta. 1984;93(4):173–178.
22. Bruker. Smart Saint and Sadabs. Madison, Wisc, USA: Bruker Axs, Inc.; 2000.
23. Sheldrick GM. SHELXTL. Madison, Wisc, USA: Siemmens Analytical X-Ray Instruments, Inc.; 1996.
24. Geary WJ. The use of conductivity measurements in organic solvents for the characterisation of coordination compounds. Coordination Chemistry Reviews. 1971;7(1):81–122.
25. Su CY, Kang BS, Du CX, Yang QC, Mak TCW. Formation of mono-, bi-, tri-, and tetranuclear Ag(I) complexes of C3-symmetric tripodal benzimidaxole ligands. Inorganic Chemistry. 2000;39(21):4843–4849. [PubMed]
26. Sundberg RJ, Martin RB. Interactions of histidine and other imidazole derivatives with transition metal ions in chemical and biological systems. Chemical Reviews. 1974;74(4):471–517.
27. McKee V, Zvagulis M, Reed CA. Further insight into magnetostructural correlations in binuclear copper(II) species related to methemocyanin: X-ray crystal structure of a 1,2-μ-nitrito complex. Inorganic Chemistry. 1985;24(19):2914–2919.
28. Lane TJ, Nakagawa I, Walter JL, Kandathil AJ. Infrared investigation of certain imidazole derivatives and their metal chelates. Inorganic Chemistry. 1962;1:267–276.
29. Wu H, Yun R, Li K, Wang K, Huang X, Sun T. Synthesis, crystal structure and spectra properties of the nickel (II) complex with 1,3-bis(1-benzylbenzimidazol2-yl)-2-oxopropane. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic and Nano-Metal Chemistry. 2009;39(9):614–617.
30. Li H, Le XY, Pang DW, Deng H, Xu ZH, Lin ZH. DNA-binding and cleavage studies of novel copper(II) complex with L-phenylalaninate and 1,4,8,9-tetra-aza-triphenylene ligands. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. 2005;99(11):2240–2247. [PubMed]
31. Vaidyanathan VG, Nair BU. Synthesis, characterization, and DNA binding studies of a chromium(III) complex containing a tridentate ligand. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 2003;(19):3633–3638.
32. Vaidyanathan VG, Nair BU. Nucleobase oxidation of DNA by (terpyridyl)chromium(III) derivatives. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 2004;(9):1840–1846.
33. Liu J, Zhang T, Lu T, et al. DNA-binding and cleavage studies of macrocyclic copper(II) complexes. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. 2002;91(1):269–276. [PubMed]
34. Pyle AM, Rehmann JP, Meshoyrer R, Kumar CV, Turro NJ, Barton JK. Mixed-ligand complexes of ruthenium(II): factors governing binding to DNA. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1989;111(8):3051–3058.
35. Baguley BC, Le Bret M. Quenching of DNA-ethidium fluorescence by amsacrine and other antitumor agents: a possible electron-transfer effect. Biochemistry. 1984;23(5):937–943. [PubMed]