|Home | About | Journals | Submit | Contact Us | Français|
In the common back pain, the need to limit the discovertebral constraints without restrict the activities of the patient led to realization for a brace of serial actions targeted on the sagittal balance : rétroposition of trunk, limitation of flexion of the spine, maintaining lordosis without constraints on the facet joints; the 4 clinical studies and experiments presented confirm the usefulness of this approach.
The validation, for a brace of rétropositionnement trunk with maintained lordosis (LORDACTIV), is clinical , rachimétric, radiological, and postural.
- Clinic: 113 chronic low back pain with degenerative discopathy (56F/57H), in average since 8 months, average age 42, wearing the brace 8 h per day for 1 month.
- Rachimétric: flexion of the spine in 39 diseases lumbars degeneratives with and without orthotics.
- Posturologic: 11 degenerative disc disease on force platform with and without orthosis.
- Radiologic: 4 cases with study of pelvic sagittal parameters with and without orthosis.
- Clinic: mean decrease of the VAS in 4 weeks: 80%.
- Rachimétric : flexion average restriction of the spine: 63%.
- Posturologic : reduction the distance traveled by the center of gravity in the anteroposterior axis : 66%; reduction of the time correction of center of gravity in the anteroposterior axis : 23%.
- Radiographic : Coherence of the sacral slo pe and of the lordosis with theangle of pelvic incidence.
These results confirm the importance of balance sagittal in the lumbar degenerative disease, this justifies a brace limiting flexion of the spine and maintaining the lumbar lordosis, and this action is effectively achieved with the orthosis "LORDACTIV", which allows more business continuity, a fundamental element in the fight against the transition to Chronicity.