1. Taylor CA, Hughes TJ, Zarins CK. Finite element modeling of blood flow in arteries. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 1998;158:155–196.
2. Bazilevs Y, Calo V, Zhang Y, Hughes TJ. Isogeometric Fluid-Structure Interaction Analysis with Applications to Arterial Blood Flow. Computational Mechanics. 2006
3. Hughes TJ, Cottrell JA, Bazilevs Y. Isogeometric analysis: CAD, finite elements, NURBS, exact geometry, and mesh refinement. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 2005;194:4135–4195.
4. Cottrell J, Reali A, Bazilevs Y, Hughes T. Isogeometric analysis of structural vibrations. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 2005 In press.
5. Bazilevs Y, da Veiga LB, Cottrell J, Hughes T, Sangalli G. Isogeometric analysis: Approximation, stability and error estimates for h-refined meshes. Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences. 2006 Submitted, available as ICES report 06-04.
6. Rogers DF. An Introduction to NURBS With Historical Perspective. Academic Press; San Diego, CA: 2001.
7. Piegl L, Tiller W. The NURBS Book (Monographs in Visual Communication) 2nd. Springer-Verlag; New York: 1997.
8. Bajaj C, Chen J, Xu G. Modeling with Cubic A-Patches. ACM Transactions on Graphics. 1995;14:103–133.
9. Sederberg TW, Cardon DL, Finnigan GT, North NS, Zheng J, Lyche T. T-Spline Simplification and Local Refinement. ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), SIGGRAPH. 2004;23:276–283.
10. Cirak F, Scott MJ, Antonsson EK, Ortiz M, Schröder P. Integrated modeling, finite-element analysis, and engineering design for thin-shell structures using subdivision. Computer-Aided Design. 2002;34:137–148.
11. Blacker T. A New Approach to Automated Quadrilateral Mesh Generation. Int J Numer Meth Engng. 1991;32:811–847.
12. Cook WA, Oakes WR. Mapping methods for generating three-dimensional meshes. Computers in Mechanical Engineering. 1982:67–72.
14. Blacker T. The Cooper Tool. 5th International Meshing Roundtable. 1996:13–29.
15. Shepherd J, Mitchell S, Knupp P, White D. Methods for MultiSweep Automation. 9th International Meshing Roundtable. 2000:77–87.
16. Knupp P. Next-Generation Sweep Tool: A Method for Generating All-Hex Meshes on Two-And-One-Half Dimensional Geometries. 7th International Meshing Roundtable. 1998:505–513.
17. White D, Saigal S, Owen S. Automatic Decomposition of Multi-Sweep Volumes. Engineering With Computers. 2004;20:222–236.
18. Staten M, Canaan S, Owen S. BMSweep: Locating Interior Nodes During Sweeping. 7th International Meshing Roundtable. 1998:7–18.
19. Scott M, Earp M, Benzley S. Adaptive Sweeping Techniques. 14th International Meshing Roundtable. 2005:417–432.
20. Armstrong C, Robinson D, McKeag R, Li T, Bridgett S, Donaghy R, McGleenan C. Medials for Meshing and More. 4th Int Meshing Roundtable. 1995:277–288.
21. Price MA, Armstrong CG, Sabin MA. Hexahedral Mesh Generation by Medial Surface Subdivision: I. Solids with Convex Edges. Int J Numer Meth Engng. 1995;38:3335–3359.
22. Storti D, Turkiyyah G, Ganter M, Lim C, Stal D. Skeleton-based modeling operations on solids. ACM Symposium Solid Modeling Applications. 1997:141–154.
23. Quadros WR, Owen SJ, Brewer M, Shimada K. Finite Element Mesh Sizing for Surfaces Using Skeleton. 13th International Meshing Roundtable. 2004:389–400.
24. Zhang Y, Bajaj C, Sohn BS. 3D Finite Element Meshing from Imaging Data. The special issue of Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (CMAME) on Unstructured Mesh Generation. 2005;194(4849):5083–5106. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 25. Zhang Y, Bajaj C. Adaptive and Quality Quadrilateral/Hexahedral Meshing from Volumetric Data. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (CMAME) 2006;195(912):942–960. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
26. Ito Y, Shum PC, Shih A, Soni B, Nakahashi K. Robust generation of high-quality unstructured meshes on realistic biomedical geometry. Int J Numer Meth Engng. 2006;65:943–973.
27. Zachariah SG, Sanders JE, Turkiyyah GM. Automated Hexahedral Mesh Generation from Biomedical Image Data:Applications in Limb Prosthetics. IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering. 1996;4(2):91–102. [PubMed]
28. Verma CS, Fischer PF, Lee SE, Loth F. An All-Hex Meshing Strategy for Bifurcation Geometries in Vascular Flow Simulation. 14th International Meshing Roundtable. 2005:363–375.
29. Thompson JF, Soni BK, Weatherill NP. Grid Generation. CRC Press; LLC: 1999.
30. Gursoy HN. Tetrahedral Finite Element Mesh Generation from NURBS Solid Models. Engineering with Computers. 1996;12(19):211–223.
31. Anderson CW, Crawford-Hines S. Fast Generation of NURBS Surfaces from Polygonal Mesh Models of Human Anatomy. Technical Report CS-99-101, Colorado State University. 2000
32. Yu TY, Soni BK. NURBS Evaluation and Utilization for Grid Generation. 5th International Conference on Numerical Grid Generation in Computational Field Simulations. 1996:323–332.
33. Yu Z, Bajaj C. A Fast and Adaptive Algorithm for Image Contrast Enhancement. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP'04) 2004;2:1001–1004.
34. Bajaj C, Wu Q, Xu G. Level Set Based Volumetric Anisotropic Diffusion. ICES Technical Report 301, the Univ of Texas at Austin. 2003
35. Tomasi C, Madcuchi R. Bilateral filtering for gray and color images. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision. 1998:839.
36. Yu Z, Bajaj C. Image Segementation using Gradient Vector Diffusion and Region Merging. 16th International Conference on Pattern Recognition. 2002;2:941–944.
37. Lorensen W, Cline H. Marching Cubes: A High Resolution 3D Surface Construction Algorithm. SIGGRAPH. 1987:163–169.
38. Ju T, Losasso F, Schaefer S, Warren J. Dual Contouring of Hermite Data. SIGGRAPH. 2002:339–346.
39. Goswami S, Dey TK, Bajaj CL. Identifying Flat and Tubular Regions of a Shape by Unstable Manifolds. 11th ACM Sympos Solid and Physical Modeling, to appear. 2006
40. Hughes TJR. The Finite Element Method: Linear Static and Dynamic Finite Element Analysis. Dover Publications; Mineola, NY: 2000.