1. Rea JN, Newhouse ML, Halil T. Skin disease in Lambeth. A community study of prevalence and use of medical care. Br J Prev Soc Med. 1976;30:107–114. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 2. Nevitt GJ, Hutchinson PE. Psoriasis in the community: prevalence, severity and patients' beliefs and attitudes towards the disease. Br J Dermatol. 1996;135:533–537. [PubMed]
3. Gawkrodger DJ.on behalf of the Therapy Guidelines and Audit Subcommittee of the British Association of Dermatologists. Current management of psoriasis J Dermatol Treat 1997. 827–55.55.
4. Fredriksson T, Pettersson U. Severe psoriasis—oral therapy with a new retinoid. Dermatologica. 1978;157:238–244. [PubMed]
5. Rothman KJ. Modern epidemiology. Boston: Little, Brown; 1986. pp. 177–233.
6. Li Wan Po A, Zhang WY. Systematic overview of co-proxamol to assess analgesic effects of addition of dextropropoxyphene to paracetamol. BMJ. 1997;315:1565–1571. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 7. DerSimonian R, Laird N. Meta-analysis in clinical trials. Control Clin Trials. 1986;7:177–188. [PubMed] 8. Whitehead A, Whitehead J. A general parametric approach to the meta-analysis of randomised clinical trials. Stat Med. 1991;10:1665–1677. [PubMed]
9. Wehr R, Gibson J, Epinette W, Pincus S, Chesnut C, Goffe B, et al. The safety of topically applied calcipotriene ointment 0.005% (a vitamin D3 analogue) as measured by blood, urine and bone density analysis in psoriatic patients [abstract] Skin Pharmacol. 1992;5:206–207.
10. Griffiths WAD. Comparison of calcipotriol ointment and betamethasone ointment in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris (parallel group). Presented at Daivonex, calcipotriol. A totally new treatment in psoriasis [abstract]. Athens, Greece, 1991.
11. RT Plott. A double-blind study comparing the efficacy of diflorasone diacetate ointment 0.05% vs calcipotriene ointment 0.05% in the treatment of psoriasis [abstract]. Presented at the 54th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. Washington, DC;996:P-317.
12. Bourke JF, Featherstone S, Iqbal SJ, Hutchinson PE. A double-blind comparison of topical calcitriol (3 μg/g) and calcipotriol (50 μg/g) in the treatment of chronic plaque psoriasis vulgaris [abstract] Br J Dermatol. 1995;133(suppl 45):17.
13. Scarpa C. Calcipotriol: clinical trial versus betamethasone dipropionate + salicylic acid. Acta Derm Venereol (Stockh) 1994;186(suppl):47. [PubMed]
14. Hutchinson PE, Berth-Jones J, Chalmers RJG, Chu AC, Griffiths WAD, Klaber MR. A comparison of calcipotriol ointment and short contact dithranol in the treatment of chronic plaque psoriasis [abstract] Br J Dermatol. 1992;127(suppl 40):17.
15. Jurgensen HJ. A comparative study of Dovonex ointment and Dithrocream in treating psoriasis vulgaris [abstract]. Presented at the Dovonex Satellite symposium, 2nd Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. Athens, Greece 1991.
16. Lehmann P, Kerscher M. Combination phototherapy of psoriasis with calcipotriene and narrow-band (311 nm) UVB [letter] J Am Acad Dermatol. 1997;36:501–502. [PubMed] 17. Kerscher M, Volkenandt M, Plewig G, Lehmann P. Combination phototherapy of psoriasis with calcipotriol and narrow-band UVB [letter] Lancet. 1993;342:923. [PubMed]
18. Kerscher M, Lehmann P, Plewig G. Combination phototherapy of psoriasis with calcipotriol and narrow-band UVB-light [abstract] J Invest Dermatol. 1996;1:107.
19. Austad J. A comparative study of calcipotriol ointment in combination with UVB phototherapy and calcipotriol ointment alone in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris [abstract]. Presented at the 27th Nordic Dermatology Congress. Finland, 1995.
20. van de Kerkhof PCM. Calcipotriol cream and concurrent corticosteroids in psoriasis [abstract] J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 1995;5(suppl 1):S184.
21. Bourke JF, Berth-Jones J, Hutchinson PE. Occlusion enhances the efficacy of topical calcipotriol in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris. Clin Exp Dermatol. 1993;18:504–506. [PubMed] 22. Berardesca E, Vignoli GP, Farinelli N, Vignini M, Distante F, Rabbiosi G. Non-invasive evaluation of topical calcipotriol versus clobetasol in the treatment of psoriasis. Acta Derm Venereol (Stockh) 1994;74:302–304. [PubMed]
23. Baadsgaard O, Traulsen J, Roed-Petersen J, Jakobsen HB. Optimal concentration of tacalcitol in once-daily treatment of psoriasis. J Dermatol Treat. 1995;6:145–150.
24. Austad J. Clobetasol propionate followed by calcipotriol is superior to calcipotriol alone in topical treatment of psoriasis [abstract] Aust J Dermatol. 1997;38(suppl 2):45. [PubMed] 25. Kragballe K, Beck HI, Søgaard H. Improvement of psoriasis by a topical vitamin D3 analogue (MC903) in a double-blind study. Br J Dermatol. 1988;119:223–230. [PubMed] 26. Staberg B, Roed-Petersen J, Menné T. Efficacy of topical treatment in psoriasis with MC903, a new vitamin D analogue. Acta Derm Venereol (Stockh) 1989;69:147–150. [PubMed]
27. Schwartzel E, Blum R, Siskin S, Epinette W. A parallel group study evaluating the safety of 30 gram per day dosing of calcipotriene (BMS181161/MC903) ointment and its vehicle in patients with plaque psoriasis [abstract]. Presented at the 54th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. Washington, DC;1996:P-287.
28. Köse O. Calcipotriol ointment vs clobetasol solution in scalp psoriasis [letter] J Dermatol Treat. 1997;8:287.
29. Mallett RB, Coulson IH, Purkis PE, Leigh IM, Holden CA. An immunohistochemical analysis of the changes in the immune infiltrate and keratin expression in psoriasis treated with calcipotriol compared with betamethasone ointment. Br J Dermatol. 1990;123:837.
30. Arevalo A, Vega-Lopez F. Calcipotriol versus coal tar in Mexican patients with psoriasis [abstract] J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 1995;5(suppl 1):S92.
31. Katz HI, Lindholm JS, Wilde M, Siskin S, Wehr RW, Koeowald M, et al. A pilot, double-blind, bilateral, paired comparison of the efficacy, safety, and atrophogenic potential of calcipotriene ointment 0.005% versus its vehicle in the treatment of plaque psoriasis utilizing clinical evaluations and bioinstrumentation [abstract]. Presented at the 54th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. Washington, DC;1996:P-293.
32. Munro CS and study group. Calcipotriol soft cream in treatment of body psoriasis [abstract] J Invest Dermatol. 1996;1:111.
33. Van der Vleuten CJM, de Jong EMGJ, Rulo EHFC, Gerritsen MP, van de Kerkhof PCM. In-patient treatment with calcipotriol versus dithranol in refractory psoriasis. Eur J Dermatol. 1995;5:676–679.
34. Ashcroft DM, Li Wan Po A, Williams HC, Griffiths CEM. Clinical measures of disease severity and outcome in psoriasis: a critical appraisal of their quality. Br J Dermatol. 1999;141:185–191. [PubMed]