1. Ip S, Cheung M, Raman G, Chew P, Magula N, DeVine D, et al. Breastfeeding and maternal and infant health outcomes in developed countries. Evidence report/technology assessment. Report 153. Rockville, USA: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2007.
4. Henderson G, Anthony M, McGuire W. Formula milk versus maternal breast milk for feeding preterm or low birth weight infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(4):CD002972.
5. Shah PS, Aliwalas L, Shah V. Breastfeeding or breast milk to alleviate procedural pain in neonates: a systematic review. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;(3):CD004950.
6. Jones G, Steketee RW, Black RE, Bhutta ZA, Morris SS; Bellagio Child Survival Study Group. How many child deaths can we prevent this year? Lancet 2003;362:65-71. [PubMed] 7. Quigley MA, Kelly YJ, Sacker A. Breastfeeding and hospitalization for diarrheal and respiratory infection in the United Kingdom millennium cohort study. Pediatrics 2007;119:e837-42. [PubMed] 8. Wilson AC, Forsyth JS, Greene AS, Irvine L, Hau C, Howie PW. Relation of infant diet to childhood health: seven year follow up cohort of children in Dundee infant feeding study. BMJ 1998;316:21-5. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
9. Bolling K, Grant K, Hamlyn B, Thornton A. Infant feeding survey 2005. United Kingdom: Information Centre, Government Statistical Service, 2007.
10. Demott K, Bick D, Norman R, Ritchie G, Turnbull N, Adams C, et al. Routine postnatal care of women and their babies London: National Collaborating Centre for Primary Care and Royal College of General Practitioners, 2006.
11. Hawkins SS, Lamb K, Cole TJ, Law C; the Millennium Cohort Study Child Health Group. Effect on maternal health behaviours of moving to England: prospective cohort study. BMJ 2008. (in press); doi: 10.1136/bmj.39532.688877.25.
12. Dyson L, McCormick F, Renfrew MJ. Interventions for promoting the initiation of breastfeeding. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;(2):CD001688.
13. Britton C, McCormick FM, Renfrew MJ, Wade A, King SE. Support for breastfeeding mothers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(1):CD001141.
14. Gagnon AJ. Individual or group antenatal education for childbirth/parenthood, or both. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(3):CD002869.
15. Renfrew MJ, Wallace LM, D’Souza L, McCormick F, Spiby H, Dyson L. The effectiveness of public health interventions to promote the duration of breastfeeding: systematic reviews of the evidence. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2005.
16. Moore ER, Anderson GC, Bergman N. Early skin-to-skin contact for mothers and their healthy newborn infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(3):CD003519.
17. Hodnett ED, Downe S, Edwards N, Walsh D. Home-like versus conventional institutional settings for birth. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;(1):CD000012.
18. Brown S, Small R, Faber B, Krastev A, Davis P. Early postnatal discharge from hospital for healthy mothers and term infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002;(3):CD002958.
19. Donnelly A, Snowden HM, Renfrew MJ, Woolridge MW. Commercial hospital discharge packs for breastfeeding women. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000;(2):CD002075.
20. Snowden HM, Renfrew MJ, Woolridge MW. Treatments for breast engorgement during lactation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001;(2):CD000046.
22. Brown SL, Todd JF, Cope JU, Sachs HC. Breast implant surveillance reports to the US Food and Drug Administration: maternal-child health problems. J Long Term Eff Med 2006;16:281-90.
23. Aillet S, Watier E, Chevrier S, Pailheret J, Grall J. Breast feeding after reduction mammaplasty performed during adolescence. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2002;101:79-82. [PubMed] 24. Van Dommelen P, van Wouwe J, Breuning-Boers J, van Buuren S, Verkerk P. Reference chart for relative weight change to detect hypernatraemic dehydration. Arch Dis Child 2007;92:490-4. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
26. Abdulwadud OA, Snow ME. Interventions in the workplace to support breastfeeding for women in employment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(3):CD006177.
27. Anderson PO, Pochop SL, Manoguerra AS. Adverse drug reactions in breastfed infants: less than imagined. Clin Pediatr 2003;42:325-40.
28. De Onis M, Garza C, Onyango AW, Borghi E. Comparison of the WHO child growth standards and the CDC 2000 growth charts. J Nutr 2007;137:144-8. [PubMed]
29. Wright C, Lakshman R, Emmett P, Ong K. Implications of adopting the WHO 2006 child growth standard in the UK: two prospective cohort studies. Arch Dis Child 2007; online 1 Oct 2007.
30. Quigley M, Henderson G, Anthony M, McGuire W. Formula milk versus donor breast milk for feeding preterm or low birth weight infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(4):CD002971.
31. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Guidance for midwives, health visitors, pharmacists and other primary care services to improve the nutrition of pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and children in low income households. 2008. www.nice.org.uk/guidance/index.jsp?action=byID&o=11943.