1. Chisholm MA, Cobb HH, Kotzan JA. Significant factors for predicting academic success of first-year pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Educ. 1995;59:364–70.
2. Allen DD, Bond CA. Pre-pharmacy indicators of success in pharmacy school: grade point averages, pharmacy college admission test, communication abilities, and critical thinking skills. Pharmacotherapy. 2001;21:842–9. [PubMed]
3. Hardigan PC, Lai LL, Arneson D, Robeson A. Significance of didactic merit, test scores, interviews, and the admissions process: a case study. Am J Pharm Educ. 2001;65:40–43.
4. Kidd RS, Latif DA. An evaluation of traditional and novel predictors of didactic and professional practice success of pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Educ. 2003:67. Article 109.
5. Thomas MC, Draugalis JR. Utility of pharmacy college admissions test (PCAT): implications for admissions committees. Am J Pharm Educ. 2002;66:47–51.
6. Latif DA. Using the structured interview for a more reliable assessment of pharmacy student applicants. Am J Pharm Educ. 2004:68. Article 21.
7. Griffenhagen GB, Brushwood D, Parascandola J, Schondelmeyer S. Trends and events in American pharmacy, 1852-2002. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2002;42:S24–5.
8. Hammer DP, Berger BA, Beardsley RS, Easton MR. Student professionalism. Am J Pharm Educ. 2003:67. Article 96.
9. Romanelli F, Ryan M. A survey and review of attitudes and beliefs of generation X pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Educ. 2003;67:1–9.
10. Ryan M, Romanelli F, Smith K, Johnson MMS. Identifying and teaching Generation X pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Educ. 2003;67:1–7.
11. Latiff DA. Including the assessment of nontraditional factors in pharmacy school admissions. Ann Pharmacother. 2005;39:721–6. [PubMed]
12. Goleman D. Working With Emotional Intelligence. New York: Bantom Books; 1998.
13. Goleman D. What makes a leader? Harvard Bus Rev. 1998 11–12;:92–102.
14. Throndike RL. Factor analysis of social and abstract intelligence. J Educ Psychol. 1936;27:231–3.
15. Mayer JD, Salovey P. The intelligence of emotional intelligence. Intelligence. 1993;17:432–42.
16. Roberts RD, Zeidner M, Matthews G. Does emotional intelligence meet traditional standards for an intelligence? Some new data and conclusions. Emotion. 2001;3:196–231. [PubMed]
17. Mayer JD, Cobb CD. Educational policy on emotional intelligence. Educ Psychol Rev. 2000;12:163–83.
18. Mayer JD, Geher G. Emotional intelligence and the identification of emotion. Intelligence. 1996;22:89–113.
19. Schuette N, Malouff J, Hall L, Haggerty D, Cooper J, Golden C, Dornheim L. Development and validation of a measure of emotional intelligence. Pers Individual Differences. 1998;25:167–77.
20. Landy FJ. Some historical and scientific issues related to research on emotional intelligence. J Organ Behav. 2005;26:411–24.
21. Locke EA. Why emotional intelligence is an invalid concept. J Organ Behav. 2005;26:425–31.
22. Conte JM. A review and critique of emotional intelligence measures. J Organ Behav. 2005;26:433–40.
23. Lam LT, Kirby SL. Is emotional intelligence an advantage? An exploration of the impact of emotional and general intelligence on individual performance. J Soc Psychol. 2002;142:133–43. [PubMed]
24. Jaeger AJ. Job competencies and the curriculum: An inquiry into emotional intelligence in graduate professional education. Res Higher Educ. 2003;44:615–39.
25. Cadman C, Brewer J. Emotional intelligence: a vital prerequisite for recruitment in nursing. J Nurs Manage. 2001;9:321–4.
26. Holland RW, Nimmo CM. Transitions part 1: beyond pharmaceutical care. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 1999;56:1758–64. [PubMed]
27. Hepler CD, Strand LM, Tromp D, Sakolchai S. Critically examining pharmaceutical care. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2002;42:S18–9.
28. Freshwater D, Stickley T. The heart of the art: emotional intelligence in nurse education. Nurs Inquiry. 2004;11:91–8.
29. Elam CL. Use of emotional intelligence as one measure of medical school applicants noncognitive characteristics. Acad Med. 2000;75:445–6. [PubMed] 30. Wagner PJ, Jester DM, Moseley GC. Use of emotional quotient inventory in medical education. Acad Med. 2001;76:506–7. [PubMed] 31. Elam C, Stratton TD, Andrykowski MA. Measuring emotional intelligence of medical school matriculants. Acad Med. 2001;76:507–8. [PubMed] 32. Carrothers RM, Gregory SW, Gallagher TJ. Measuring emotional intelligence of medical school applicants. Acad Med. 2000;75:456–63. [PubMed] 33. Wagner PJ, Moseley GC, Grant MM, Gore JR, Owens C. Physicians' emotional intelligence and patient satisfaction. Fam Med. 2002;34:750–4. [PubMed] 34. Pau AKH, Croucher R. Emotional intelligence and perceived stress in dental undergraduates. J Dent Educ. 2003;67:1023–8. [PubMed] 35. Pau AKH, Croucher R, Sohanpal R, Muirhead V, Seymour K. Emotional intelligence and stress coping in dental undergraduates – a qualitative study. Br Dent J. 2004;197:205–09. [PubMed]