1. Fleury MJ, Mercier C. Integrated local networks as a model for organizing mental health services. Administration and Policy in Mental Health. 2002;30(1):55–73. [PubMed] 2. Horner D, Asher K. General practitioners and mental health staff sharing patient care: working model. Australasian Psychiatry. 2005;13(2):176–80. [PubMed] 3. Davey B, Levin E, Illife S, Kharicha K. Integrating health and social care: implications for joint and community care outcomes for older people. Journal of Interprofessional Care. 2005;19(1):22–34. [PubMed]
4. Freeman G, Weaver T, Low J, de Jonge E. Promoting continuity of care for people with severe mental illness whose needs span primary, secondary and social care. A report for the NCCSDP. London: SDO; 2002.
5. Glasby J, Lester HE, England E, Clarke M. Cases for change in mental health. Colchester: National Institute for Mental Health; 2003.
6. Singleton N, Bumpstead R, O'Brien M, Lee A, Meltzer H. Psychiatric morbidity among adults living in private households 2000. London: TSO; 2001.
7. Bird L. The fundamental facts: all the latest facts and figures on mental illness. London: Mental Health Foundation; 1999.
8. Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health. London: Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health; 2001. Setting the standard: the new agenda for primary care organisations commissioning mental health services.
9. Jenkins R, Ustun T, Bedhiran E. Chichester: Wiley; 1998. Preventing mental illness: mental health promotion in primary care.
10. Kodner DL, Spreeuwenberg C. Integrated care: meaning, logic, applications, and implications – a discussion paper. [cited 2004 12 30];International Journal of Integrated Care [serial online] 2002 Nov;14:2. Available from: URL: http://www.ijic.org/ [PMC free article] [PubMed]
11. Rhodes RAW. London: Macmillan; 2000. Transforming British Government.
12. Blount A. London: Norton and Co; 2000. Integrated primary care: the future of medical and mental health collaboration.
13. Thornicroft G, Tansella M. Co-ordinating primary care with community mental health services. In: Tansella M, Thornicroft G, editors. Common mental health disorders in primary care. London: Routledgel; 1999. pp. 222–5. p.
14. Preston C, Cheater F, Baker R, Hearnshaw H. Left in limbo: patients' views on care across the primary/secondary interface. Quality in Health Care. 1999;8:16–21. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
15. ODPM. London: 2004. Mental health and social exclusion. Social exclusion unit report.
16. Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health. London: Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health; 2004. Taking your partners: using opportunities for inter-agency partnership in mental health.
17. Ritchie Report. London: HMSO; 1994. Report of the inquiry into the care and treatment of Christopher Clunis.
18. Giddens A. Cambridge: Polity Press; 1998. The third way. A renewal of social democracy.
19. Department of Health. London: The Stationary Office; 1997. The new NHS: modern, dependable.
20. Department of Health. London: Department of Health; 2001. Shifting the balance of power within the NHS: securing delivery.
21. Department of Health. London: Department of Health; 2002. Shifting the balance of power within the NHS: the next steps.
22. BMA/NHS confederation. London: BMA/NHS confederation; 2003. Investing in general practice: the new general medical services contract.
23. Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health. London: Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health; 2004. Practice based commissioning in the NHS: the implications for mental health.
24. Department of Health. London: Department of Health; 2004. The NHS improvement plan: putting people at the heart of public services.
25. Craig N, McGregor S, Drummond N, Fischbacher M, Illiffe S. Report to the NHS Executive North Thames. Department of Public Health, Glasgow University; 2002. The primary care led NHS 1: shifts in resources to primary care for three clinical conditions – an empirical study.
26. Kingdon D. Mental Health Services: results of a survey in English district plans. Psychiatric Bulletin. 1989;13:77–8.
27. Stein LI, Test MA. An alternative to mental hospital treatment. I. Conceptual model, treatment program, and clinical evaluation. Archives of General Psychiatry. 1980;37:392–9. [PubMed] 28. Hoult J. Community care of the acutely mentally ill. British Journal of Psychiatry. 1986;149:137–44. [PubMed]
29. Department of Health. London: Department of Health; 1999. National Service Framework for Mental Health: modern standards and service models.
30. Department of Health. The NHS Plan: a plan for investment, a plan for reform. London: Department of Health; 2000.
31. Department of Health. London: Department of Health; 2002. Mental health policy implementation guidance: community mental health teams.
32. Burns T. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2004. Community mental health teams: a guide to current practices.
33. Pelosi A, Birchwood M. Is early intervention of psychosis a waste of valuable resources? British Journal of Psychiatry. 2003 Mar;182:196–8. [PubMed]
34. Goldberg D, Huxley P. London: Routledge; 1992. Common mental disorders.
35. Lester HE, Glasby J, Tylee A. Integrated primary care mental health: threat or opportunity in the new NHS. British Journal of General Practice. 2004;54:285–91. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
36. Department of Health. London: Department of Health; 2003. Guidelines for the appointment of general practitioners with special interests in the delivery of clinical services: Mental Health.
37. NICE, Schizophrenia. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists and the British Psychological Society; 2003. Full national clinical guidelines on core interventions in primary and secondary care.
38. Mental After Care Association. London: MACA; 1999. First national GP survey of mental health in primary care.
39. Nolan P, Dunn L, Badger F. Getting to know you. Nursing Times. 1998;94(39):34–36. [PubMed] 40. Killaspy H, Banerjee S, King M, Lloyd M. Non-attendance at psychiatric outpatient clinics: communication and implications for primary care. British Journal of General Practice. 1999;49:880–3. [PMC free article] [PubMed] 41. Bindman J, Johnson S, Wright S, Szmukler G, Bebbington P, Kuipers E, et al. Integration between primary and secondary services in the care of the severely mentally ill: patients' and general practitioners' views. British Journal of Psychiatry. 1997;171:169–74. [PubMed]
42. Lester HE, Sorohan H. Barriers and organisational development needs for effective PCT commissioning of mental health services. Primary Care Mental Health. 2003;1:37–44.
43. Freeth D, Reeves S. Evaluation of an interprofessional training ward: pilot phase. In: Glen S, editor. Multi-professional learning for nurses: Breaking the boundaries. Hampshire: Palgrave; 2002. pp. 116–38. p.
44. Hammick M, Barr H, Freeth D, Koppel I, Reeves S. Systematic reviews of inter-professional education: results and work in progress. Journal of Inter-professional Care. 2002;16:80–4. [PubMed]